Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Those with blunt ends...

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Those with blunt ends...

I trimmed mine all along. I was growing out a pixie and got to BSL with trims every 6-8 weeks. After that I found LHC and trim less often.

Length
    APL/TBL/Long
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I just trim mine as needed. If my hair is healthy and my ends are thick, I don't bother trimming.

When my hair was unhealthy and right when I found LHC, I started trimming every 3 months or so. I kept reaching waist and chopping back to BSL until the damage was gone
    currently approaching tbl

Length
    SL/WL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I was under the impression that Sarah Ingle or some other YouTuber made some kind of a scientific video explaining how blunt ends accumulate more damage than fairytale ends, but now that I tried to look for it, I didn't manage to find anything with a title that would imply that the contents have something to do with that. I hardly watch her videos personally, nor have I seen the video I am referring to. I'm just pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere around the forum not too long ago.

Since I've not heard the reasoning for the hypothesis that blunt ends would get damaged more easily than fairytale ends, I can't comment on that, personally. If someone knows which video I am talking about, it would be interesting to get a link to it!
    I think that was probably my comment on a different thread recently. Sarah Ingle explains it in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bxRUP1pwQY&t=1s That bit is at 12 minutes in.

I guess it kind of makes sense to me. Anecdotally, I have fine, thin hair with fairy tail ends and it's pretty rare for me to find a split. I never really paid attention when I had blunter ends though.
    October 2019 - 17"
    March 2022 - 30" Waist

Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Within-Me View Post
    Thank you everyone for responding! I read a lot of good suggestions and I feel less guilty for not trimming the back now.
    I will wait until my hair reaches at least WL before considering evening things out.
    That sounds good, it’s nice that you found your answer.

I grew from a very short pixie and I think I evened it out quite early myself, somewhere around neck/short bob.