Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trouble with Photo Albums

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Trouble with Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
    I'm piggybacking on this thread. Does anyone know why my pictures are being uploaded rotated? They aren't rotated on my phone but end up that way once uploaded. Is there a way to rotate them back within lhc?
    I've never had this problem, so I can't be sure, but it could have to do with the size of the photo. I think LHC caps it at 150 KB, and if it's over that, it will automatically shrink it/wash out the colours. Or maybe the vertical dimension is too large, so it's being rotated. Maybe try cropping it and see if it works?

I always resize my photos before uploading, but I use a computer. If you need to, there are probably apps that can do that for you on a phone. You can't edit them within LHC.
    Last edited by lapis_lazuli; November 13th, 2022 at 05:36 PM.

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CBL/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I used to have the rotating problem and it was so annoying! What I found works, is to crop the photo, even slightly if it doesn't actually need cropping. I'm on my phone so I use either my photo gallery app or a photo editing app I have. The edited photos never get rotated. I don't know WHY it works, but it does.
    Hair is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com

Length
    14"/54"/termi
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Thanks Amaryllis and Lapis! Cropping did the trick!
    Does the man on the moon cut his hair?

Yes... Eclipse it!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
    Thanks Amaryllis and Lapis! Cropping did the trick!
    The reason that pictures get rotated, is that the phone is "meant to" be held sideways for taking pictures. While the phone is mostly smart enought to show the picture correct, they will show up in the wrong direction on several sites, because the photos are saved are saved sideways. Editing them will help them get saved correctly. I hope that you can understand my explanation.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I hope this is a good thread to ask my question - Iīve created photo albums, and there are options as to who can view them. In "profile privacy" settings I checked "only registered members". But then, when I create an album, there are different options - and I checked "everyone". But I donīt want "everyone" as in even unregistered people or anyone on the internet to see my pictures, so which is it? Do only registered now see them or the whole internet? (I donīt want to restrict viewing to only close contacts).

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    I hope this is a good thread to ask my question - Iīve created photo albums, and there are options as to who can view them. In "profile privacy" settings I checked "only registered members". But then, when I create an album, there are different options - and I checked "everyone". But I donīt want "everyone" as in even unregistered people or anyone on the internet to see my pictures, so which is it? Do only registered now see them or the whole internet? (I donīt want to restrict viewing to only close contacts).
    Under "albums" in your setting you can chose the general setting that will apply for all of your albums. One popular option is "Registered Members" This means that only people who are members can see your pictures, if you also share them in threads, using your album as a host. If you were to chose "Your Friends" that would mean that only people on your friend list can see them in your profile and if you share the pictures in threads.

The other setting in the album itself, will determine if peole visiting your profile can see the albums or not. And only members with more than 25 posts can visit peoples profiles. So if you chose it to be public, it still doesn't mean that just any stranger on the internet can see it.

Did this make it more clear? If not, feel free to ask more questions

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Thank you very much TatsuOni I understand now, your answer made it clear to me.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    Thank you very much TatsuOni I understand now, your answer made it clear to me.
    That's good!

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I'm getting an error message when I try to upload a pic -cries-
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

lith, try imgur or some site like it. I think most of us have "back-up" pics somewhere on a hosting site. Set your folders to "private" though, when you go there (imgur I know, for sure), otherwise the freaky ass comments never end. I'm sorry. I know it's frustrating, girlfriend!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)