Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Covid shedding HELP :(

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Post Covid shedding HELP :(

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...oducts/620696/

Not sure if this is any help, but I came across this article some time ago.
    "The Year America:s Hair Fell Out"
    I wish anyone going through this a speedy recovery!

Try consuming nettle, moringa and green tea. Eat cruciferous vegetables like brussel sprouts, cauliflower, kale and spinach. Try incorporating edible gourds like pumpkin and cucumbers. Eat berries either frozen or fresh. Consume wild caught fish like salmon, sardines and herring. When it comes to natural topical solutions try cold pressed pumpkin seed oil and combine that with rosemary essential oil. I have utilized all of the abovementioned and I haven't had any bad results.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzpatrick View Post
    Try consuming nettle, moringa and green tea. Eat cruciferous vegetables like brussel sprouts, cauliflower, kale and spinach. Try incorporating edible gourds like pumpkin and cucumbers. Eat berries either frozen or fresh. Consume wild caught fish like salmon, sardines and herring. When it comes to natural topical solutions try cold pressed pumpkin seed oil and combine that with rosemary essential oil. I have utilized all of the abovementioned and I haven't had any bad results.
    Don't know about you but things like this are in my standard diet. And eating this all the time might be a little one-sided (you can't possibly always eat the same vegetables over and over again). Carrots are equally as important; other fishes, other meats, chicken, beef, lots of legumes if you aren't big on the meat. I mean, I think as long as your diet is well-rounded, it should be good.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    10/28/42
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I’ve had it twice, February 2020 and again September 2021. The first time I didn’t see increased shedding but I was also doing hormone therapy and taking tons of vitamins daily. The last time I have seen a significant increase in the amount of hair I lose when brushing/combing and washing though it didn’t start until probably November so maybe seasonal? Either way. I immediately started using peppermint, rosemary, cedar wood and lavender essential oils on my scalp and most of the time would just apply neat so I didn’t have to wash my hair though I know it isn’t safe or practical for everyone to do it that way. It’s always better to use a carrier oil and I have with my most recent treatments. The oils have seemed to help a whole lot. I need to do a treatment every couple of weeks to see the most benefits.
    I’m sorry you’re going through this, it’s scary and frustrating.

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Don't know about you but things like this are in my standard diet. And eating this all the time might be a little one-sided (you can't possibly always eat the same vegetables over and over again). Carrots are equally as important; other fishes, other meats, chicken, beef, lots of legumes if you aren't big on the meat. I mean, I think as long as your diet is well-rounded, it should be good.
    That's the same with me. All I could eat was those vegetables plus mushrooms and all sorts of peppers for some months. I couldn't stomach meat or fish though I did manage to eat chicken and vegetable soup the first week I got sick since most of it was vegetable with very little chicken. I also managed to have some berries. I always have nettle tea that I use for my hayfever. Other herbal teas I usually have are ginger with tumeric, peppermint tea, fennel tea and camomile tea. I have them when I'm not feeling to good or in the case of camomile when I want to relax and sleep. I had to go low carb since having that give me pain.
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip

I have hypothyroidism so my diet doesn't get to be interesting. What I listed were just examples of a human diet consists of. There are some that are picky eaters. Not trying to pick an argument, just telling my side of things.

Length
    3.9/24/30
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

lapushka thank you
    Belgrade Beauty so sorry that you are going through this as well
    RedRoseGardener thanks for the info, deffinetly started using some of these right after my first post. I now use a weekly mask from ayurvedic herbs+peppermint and rosemary essential oil and spray my scalp daily with rosemary tea. I am also adding the Ordinary scalp serum to my routing, though I don't know how this one will work out (first time trying it it left my scalp a bit itchy). I also take vit D daily and I found a suplement that combines a lot of different vitamins that are supposed to be good for hair. I also upped my water intake.

Thank you to everyone for the support. This means really much to me as I can't talk about this with anyone else (friends and family don't really care much for hair stuff).
    Don't regret the chop, but now I want to see how long it can get

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I have hypothyroidism so my diet doesn't get to be interesting. What I listed were just examples of a human diet consists of. There are some that are picky eaters. Not trying to pick an argument, just telling my side of things.
    Ah, yeah, I couldn't guess that you have a health issue. Sorry.

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I had something (never got tested, there were none I knew of and doctor wasn't seeing sick people) last winter. I lost oodles of hair starting in March of 2021, right after my first Covid shot (which also had nasty side effects). I was just sick about it, my brush was full every single day for weeks. No idea if it was sickness related, Covid vax related, or a massive first-time-ever spring shed.

There was nothing for it but just keep going, and now I have oodles of hairs about 6-8 inches long mixed in with my remaining classics. Bun got very small, but I'm so glad I did *not* cut.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by embee View Post
    I had something (never got tested, there were none I knew of and doctor wasn't seeing sick people) last winter. I lost oodles of hair starting in March of 2021, right after my first Covid shot (which also had nasty side effects). I was just sick about it, my brush was full every single day for weeks. No idea if it was sickness related, Covid vax related, or a massive first-time-ever spring shed.

There was nothing for it but just keep going, and now I have oodles of hairs about 6-8 inches long mixed in with my remaining classics. Bun got very small, but I'm so glad I did *not* cut.
    I think that's so important here!

The hair will catch up. When I lost chunks (no joke, really) going through the first phases of puberty (3 bald patches, and quite big, about 3cm diameter was my biggest one). Well what I was saying was... I had a pixie cut at the time that had grown out a bit, 3/4 cm out thereabouts, and I just grew it while it was falling out. Don't ask me how I did it! I just let it do its thing. I figured if I could not get it thick, I could get it long, and guess what, that hair after about a year grew in (well 9 months and I could see stubble). It will get better. Trust in that!