Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pony-O Am I the only one here who uses these?

Type
    1b/F/i

Default Pony-O Am I the only one here who uses these?

I thought I'd start a thread for these since I just ordered some more. These are one of my "must have" hair items. They hold a ponytail rock solid with no damage whatsoever. You just pull your hair through, press the band until it's comfortably closed, and then shape it like an inverted U. I have multiples of these because they seem to be obscure and I'm always afraid that the company will go out of business and I won't be able to get more. I haven't tried the Bandz yet but I just ordered one. I use these with other toys like Ficcares. They give the clip something to grip onto and they add structure to my bun so that my fine, thin hair looks fuller. I would love to know if anyone else uses these or anything like these. I first found them at a local fair and almost went crazy when there wasn't a booth for them the next year. It took FOREVER to find them online. Anyway, here's the website and here's a pic of a bun made around one (the round clip; not the bun-maker that they sell). In the pic, I'm anchoring my bun around the Pony-O with a Bijoux Manoel pin. http://www.ponyo.com/

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by lunasea; April 8th, 2015 at 04:35 PM.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: Pony-O Am I the only one here who uses these?

Wow, I have never seen these before... Has anyone else tried them? She says they are riveted together. Wouldn't you catch hair in the rivet?
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Type
    1b/F/i

Nope, the rivet is really smooth! It's like a button. I've never had a problem. In truth I've caught hairs on flexis...NEVER on these.
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lunasea View Post
    I thought I'd start a thread for these since I just ordered some more. These are one of my "must have" hair items. They hold a ponytail rock solid with no damage whatsoever. You just pull your hair through, press the band until it's comfortably closed, and then shape it like a U. I have multiples of these because they seem to be obscure and I'm always afraid that the company will go out of business and I won't be able to get more. I haven't tried the Bandz yet but I just ordered one. I use these with other toys like Ficcares. They give the clip something to grip onto and they add structure to my bun so that my fine, thin hair looks fuller. I would love to know if anyone else uses these or anything like these. I first found them at a local fair and almost went crazy when there wasn't a booth for them the next year. It took FOREVER to find them online. Anyway, here's the website and here's a pic of a bun made around one (the round clip; not the bun-maker that they sell). In the pic, I'm anchoring my bun around the Pony-O with a Bijoux Manoel pin. http://www.ponyo.com/

[IMG][/IMG]
    Thanks for starting this thread, lunasea! OMG, your hair looks gorgeous in that shot! Like you said, the bun looks full. And that bird perched on your bun.... Just wow!

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Dr. Technicolor DreamBuns pastina's Avatar
    Length
    ?/BSL/dunno
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

interesting, id never heard of these. ...they even have hot pink to blend into my hair! is that a sign?

Type
    1b/F/i

Thanks Neoma! That bun is actually kind of sloppy but it's the only pic of a Pony-O bun that I had in my library. I will try to show a smoother one with a Ficcare at some point,

Type
    1b/F/i

Pastina...I think it is a sign!!!! Join me on the dark side!

Length
    BSL/37/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Huh. Those are really cool. The half-up she did in the video was really cute too!

Length
    ??/27/36+
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Hm. Might need this....

Length
    nape/waist/tbl
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I'm intrigued. I may have to try these. Thank you for showing them to us!! When I have time I'll watch some videos and get a better idea how they work.