Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: List your hair goals for 2023

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: List your hair goals for 2023

Keep maintaining my classic length well, as best I can. Sometimes it means I go a bit back in length (like 1 inch at the most short of classic), but I measure with my heart and not my ruler. I go by feel, how I feel with my length and what it needs to make me feel OK. If I don't feel OK, I risk a super short (shoulder) cut. I get wild and crazy ideas if my hair gets too long and past the point where I am comfortable with it, and that is a couple inches past classic length.

But anyway, I sometimes go shorter than classic... and that's OK! It grows right back.

My goal is to gauge classic as best I can in my trims and do my best to keep the length that I got.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    27/17/47
    Type
    2a/F/i

My hair goals for 2023 are no trimming, wash 1 time per week, be very careful how I comb it as to not break it, and eat healthy so it stops falling out.

Length
    24/30/46
    Type
    2a/M/ii

My hair goals for 2023 are:

-- S&D only. (No trimming or cutting.)
    -- Reach waist length. (I'm currently at MBL.)

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/TBL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

⁜ Hoping to reach hip length by the end of 2023.
    ⁜ Continue eating healthy and drinking more water (I'm really bad about drinking enough water).
    ⁜ Continue my quest for the perfect hair care routine for my hair type.
    ⁜ Only trim once a year, on National Hair Day.

Update 2-9-23: I have found a shampoo & conditioner that are working well for me. Joico Defy Damage. They are very gentle, very little scent, don't irritate my scalp, my hair needs shampooing less often, and MOST IMPORTANT I am having barely any hair fall.
    Last edited by GoatLady; February 9th, 2023 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Update

Hurray! I've reached tailbone length! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Here are my hair goals for 2023:

- start self-trimming to maintain at TBL and grow out a bit of this U hem
    - learn a few more buns
    - do a nightblooming cassia treatment once every few months
    - continue to grow/reshape the bangs til they’re in a style I like
    - continue to take seasonal length photos

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I should be at TBL by the end of the year or shortly after, so 2023 will basically involve tons of maintenance micro-trims until all of my hemline is solidly at TBL. That's honestly my entire goal, like possibly ever for my hair. I can't have an ultra long length because I don't think it would fit in with my lifestyle, so unless something drastically changes, next year will most likely be the last one I spend getting to where I want to be

Which is insaaaane!! I never would have imagined me having long hair like this at all, especially when WL hair sounded like a dream to me for most of my life

Length
    pixie/waist/happy
    Type
    1c/C/iii

My goal is just...keep growing, and try not to think about it too much.

All of my hair is one length now (well, except the bangs I'm growing out from various stages, but that doesn't count, that's practically a requirement for me), and I'm right about to bra strap/bottom of shoulder blades/mid-back abyss/what-have-you length. I have dependably average growth and no breakage issues, so that's about a half inch a month, 6 inches a year, right? So that should put me right at my waist at the end of 2023.

Unfortunately waist is when I can hopefully start being able to put it up and forget it. Fortunately, even if it doesn't feel like I'm making any progress, I know my hair is growing steadily and every month it gets just a little more comfortable to try and wrangle it, so I just have to keep reminding myself of that. And also fortunately, this time around I'm in a position where I can afford to not have my hair always contained in painful styles, and I can just have it down when I need to. I'm much better positioned for success than my first round of growing.

"A green glass-tipped hairpin dropped onto her shoulder and then the floor. Drat. She had never been good at putting up her own hair." Provenance, Ann Leckie

Length
    buzz/knee+/calf
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

My goal is to reach my final goal length of upper calf! It should happen by next summer if I don’t trim until then. After that, my goal will be to maintain the length and thicken up my ends. Another goal is to take more hair photos (as I usually only do it a few times per year). That’s all!
    Current length: Knee+ at 56"! Next milestone is my final goal length: Upper Calf at 57-58"!
    Buzzed my head in 2010. Joined here and have been growing from Waist length at 28" since 2016

Type
    1c/M/ii

My goal will probably be to get to TBL. I have no idea if that is too short of a goal for me, I might or might not need larger trims since I am growing out bleached parts and have so far had to trim much of my progress towards classic.

Length
    Buzz/2 in/6 in

My goals are to keep my hair this awesome brown/black color and to let it grow. The latter I usually mess myself up with. Really wanting to stick with it this go round.