Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: List your hair goals for 2023

Default Re: List your hair goals for 2023

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    Grow to hip length (slowly while trimming)…

Cut off 3 inches of bleach (the plan is for seasonal trims of 1/2” or 1” but if hair is holding up may change the approach)

Continue to grow healthy hair with no bleaching, eating well, and taking multi-vitamin, fish oil edit: & vitamin D on indoor days

Grow out layers a few more inches so the shortest are —closer to BSL— edit: as close to WL as possible and easier to braid.
    ok- end of year quickly approaching! I’ve reached HL, but will be trimming 1” next week, that will put me at removing 3” of bleach so I technically reach my first two goals

I’ve kept up with the vitamin D and fish oil, but skipped the multivitamin quite a bit these last few months. I eat a pretty healthy diet, so not too concerned though.

I decided to keep layers to connect my bangs>face framing>lengths, but the layers in the back have grown to beyond BSL, with no trimming they have minimal to no splits as well. The choppy layers toward the ends I have nearly removed with my maintenance trims, and will probably be gone when I trim next week.

I’ve had a good hair year! Met my goals, my ends look great, my hair is the healthiest it’s ever been, I’ve been happy with it and wearing it loose more often since I plan to maintain for the coming year, I am not too concerned about damaging it from wearing it down.
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lithostoic View Post
    Would love to make it to hip! Currently a couple inches from waist.
    Didn't make it to hip, but I've been maintaining at waist and it looks and feels so much better! I have a much better foundation for growing now
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    Having met my length goal of floor this year, my main goal for 2023 will be to maintain and thicken my ends to hopefully achieve something resembling a straight hemline. If I'm able to maximize my growth and get rid of the last 6 inches by the end of the year, I'll be very happy.

Still figuring out what kind of schedule I should microtrim on, as I've never maintained at a specific length before. I did random trims several times during 2020 when I was at calf, but I'd like to try to be more meticulous for maintaining at floor. Taking off an inch every two months seems manageable. I just have to hope I did in fact grow that much excess I guess any mistakes I can make up for on the next trim. I also had the idea of photographing my ends after each trim to see how they change over time... we'll see if I'm dedicated enough to do it though!
    After microtrimming 0.5-1" every two months this year, the sides are more or less even with the middle section still remaining a bit sparse. I had a shed in October where I lost 22g of hair in one month, so this could have set me back a bit (I haven't measured or taken a length shot for December yet).

I didn't exactly "maintain", gaining over 2" since January to get to 75"+, but it helps the length to sit better at floor and I'm used to it now.

Some additional goals:
    • Take good care of my scalp. First, get on a more consistent washing schedule. Second, keep experimenting with shampoos to confirm what works best for my SD.
    Yep, it's still going okay with weekly scalp-washes with Nizoral. I've just switched from the shower to the sink.

• Obligatory "learn more styles" goal. At a minimum, one new updo and one new braid. More importantly, I need to find reliable buns to do with my Flexis and forks. They're my least-used toys and I know that would change if I had an easy, go-to bun for each of them.
    Nope... still content with my Ketylos and one bun.

• Do at least one hair photoshoot. I really neglected it this year, being so busy, but want to have some fun with it again.
    Yes, I got a few updated shots.

• This one may be a stretch, but get back into collecting my sheds and creating from them. I made one shed plait and a couple locks in 2020 and would really like another braid from my longest strands now. It took a lot of time though, so I won't hold myself to it
    Still just have a collection of sheds waiting to be used.

• (transferred from 2022 goals) Hone my braiding skills: For English types, I've only mastered up to 5 strands while something always goes wrong with my 6s and 7s; they look perfect below the shoulder, but something goes awry at the top when I'm braiding from behind. I have the same problem getting past 3 strands for French/Dutch braids. I know the motions to do them but something's wrong with my technique and they always turn out awful. I just want to be able to do the 5-strand Dutch!
    Probably time to retire this one...

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    After microtrimming 0.5-1" every two months this year, the sides are more or less even with the middle section still remaining a bit sparse. I had a shed in October where I lost 22g of hair in one month, so this could have set me back a bit (I haven't measured or taken a length shot for December yet).
    Us mortals freak out at anything over 7g / month. Good thing you've got a lot of hair!
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    18"/33"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ArtOfNoot View Post
    1. Reach tailbone length
    2. Maintain my blunt ends
    3. Learn more buns
    4. Reach a color that can be maintained with deposit-only dye. (I love having colorful hair but I'm a student and don't have the energy for upkeeping anything that needs root touch ups)
    5. Start S&Ding again
    I hit a stall and am at the HL camp. Next stop TBL.
    I have not picked S&Ding back up in a loooonnnngggg while oops

Other than that I have achieved my 2023 goals
    Thinking Long Hair Thoughts

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    Here are my hair goals for 2023:

- start self-trimming to maintain at TBL and grow out a bit of this U hem
    - learn a few more buns
    - do a nightblooming cassia treatment once every few months
    - continue to grow/reshape the bangs til they’re in a style I like
    - continue to take seasonal length photos
    Well - let’s see how I did.
    > for a while I was technically yes to goal #1, then I visited my in-laws and was feeling so bummed about the fairytale/U combo that I had my MIL even it out which landed me back at hip.
    That was pretty jarring! I simultaneously didn’t hate my braid taper/didn’t know what to do with my much fuller hemline/didn’t like that I had lost about 8” I immediately shifted into mega benign neglect mode where I have remained for the last few months.

> ooh oops, yes more buns; sort of? I did start doing the brioche and orchid more? Though I’ve been wearing claw clips 95% of the time since I cut it.

> bangs: trimmed, regrown, reshaped, trimmed again, regrowing again.

> yes, which reminds me that I am due for a winter solstice photo this week!
    Lady Daybreak, keeper of the Stars & Sea ☽︎ artist, lover, general mystic

Length
    Chin/43.5/Blunt
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mochichichi View Post
    So my updated list is:
    • Grow to classic, pass it if possible! SUCCESS! Was at FTL during my last measure, which was pre-trim.
    • No trims the whole year (this is normal for me, so not anticipating this to be too difficult)FAILED! I decided to attempt a trim in November and had to fix it last week. Still went most of the year and probably won't be participating in this again, the restriction makes me think about it too much and I prefer the flexibility.
    • Use my yearly trim for some additional thickening--either at/maintain classic or my usual hemline even-out SUCCESS? It got things evened out as anticipated but my self trim attempt made them more uneven first lol. Happy with my current thickness though.
    • I really like going to salons, honestly, it feels like a nice pamper day. TBD if I find a substitute and DIY trimming Located a salon I like, and I'm thinking I might start going twice a year or so.
    • S&D one time per month (new moons) ABANDONED! I did it for a couple months, but after getting rid of a LOT of splits the first few times, it wasn't really necessary anymore so I've switched to as needed.
    • Solidify a routine that will keep my ends moisturized (they were suuuuuper dry during my yearly trim during New Years)SUCCESS! I've been applying more leave in conditioner and shea butter whipped with EVOO 1-2 times a week and after washes, and my post trim ends don't feel much different from my pre-trim ends, so I think this means they've stayed pretty hydrated!
    • Stretch washes to 2 weeks SUCCESS! I've switched to a split scalp/length washing system. My scalp washes are 2 weeks apart--got through the summer like this and lately I've been going even longer (3, even 4 weeks) because of time. I wash the whole length once a month for my progress photos.
    Alright! I've had my yearly trim, which means the year is over Met most of my goals this year!
    Chin~Shoulder~APL~Midback~Waist~Hip~TB~CL~[FTL]~MT~Knee~Knee+
    Pursuing my Princess Hair ♕