Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best brushes?

Length
    18.00/22.5/29
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Best brushes?

Thank you! I appreciate it. I went ahead and bought it and I really like it. It smoothed out my hair and it's nice and soft now. ��

I'll have to be careful though as it does pull a bit. I Luke it overall. Now to put sticks on the back. ��
    CHIN, SL, APL, BSL, Waist, Hip, TBL, CL.

Length
    18.00/22.5/29
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

My hair after using the new brush. Considering how damaged it is, I'd say it looks pretty good!

https://files.fm/f/7czvue25y
    Last edited by Kome; March 15th, 2023 at 05:26 PM.

Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

I have used my Denman 15+ years. It has solid plastic spikes, it is great for detangling and goes through my thick hair.
    NECK SL APL MBL WAIST HIP TBL CLASSIC
    Wishing for sparkly Ficcare Unicorns: Large or medium Superstars

Length
    13/45/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kome View Post
    My hair after using the new brush. Considering how damaged it is, I'd say it looks pretty good!

https://files.fm/f/7czvue25y
    Glad to hear you like it! You're hair is looking very soft and shiny.

Length
    Chin/43.5/Blunt
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I know OP said they don't like these, but my current preference is a tangle teezer for detangling and then 10ish strokes on each side with an oil distributing brush. I'm currently trying out a TEK, but have been using a Denman imitation (BB + nylon mix) for the last eight years or so. The Denman feels more satisfying, but the TEK is definitely more gentle. Still trying to decide which I want to stick with, given that I'll need to replace my knockoff Denman at some point if I don't stick with the TEK.
    Chin~Shoulder~APL~Midback~Waist~Hip~TB~CL~[FTL]~MT~Knee~Knee+
    Pursuing my Princess Hair ♕

Length
    18.00/22.5/29
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I'm so glad it works for you! Post what works for you as other people may find it helpful too. I'm just finding this brush I bought helps with the frizz and poof immensely for me! I had someone else with really frizzy hair try it too and it worked amazingly for her. Her hair srayd frizzy even with a lot of product, but this brush helped so much. It's making me want to brush my hair more as well since it's so gently on my sensitive scalp.

Length
    Chin/43.5/Blunt
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kome View Post
    I'm so glad it works for you! Post what works for you as other people may find it helpful too. I'm just finding this brush I bought helps with the frizz and poof immensely for me! I had someone else with really frizzy hair try it too and it worked amazingly for her. Her hair srayd frizzy even with a lot of product, but this brush helped so much. It's making me want to brush my hair more as well since it's so gently on my sensitive scalp.
    The brush you posted is very similar to the brush I've been using for years! The oil distribution really makes my hair so soft, I can tell immediately when I have to use plastic only. I hope you enjoy your new brush for years to come!!

Be careful not to over brush as it could cause more damage... I find it tempting to brush way more than necessary because it feels so nice.
    Chin~Shoulder~APL~Midback~Waist~Hip~TB~CL~[FTL]~MT~Knee~Knee+
    Pursuing my Princess Hair ♕

Length
    18.00/22.5/29
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mochichichi View Post
    The brush you posted is very similar to the brush I've been using for years! The oil distribution really makes my hair so soft, I can tell immediately when I have to use plastic only. I hope you enjoy your new brush for years to come!!

Be careful not to over brush as it could cause more damage... I find it tempting to brush way more than necessary because it feels so nice.
    Right?! It's so hard not to brush it a lot, but my hair is pretty damaged so I'm careful not to as it breaks easily. Best brush I've ever used. And thank you! I hope it lasts.

Length
    ???/27.7/39.3
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

The only two brushes I used continuously since I got them are my Tek paddle brush & a Tangle Teezer (which has been replaced along the way, same model though).
    I do have a Denman, but that's more for brushing conditioner through in the shower or things like that, not for dry hair care.

I had a great brush from flee market a few years ago. It was broken and I was missing it, there was everything so perfect. Bristle length, thickness, stiffness and density and the way the brush "opened" a bit without being a round brush. No balls in the bristles. I had read some praising of Denman's brushes here, but I couldn't imagine it would be this one that I was missing, I thought tangle teaser is the only brush that has been developed for tangled hair. Now after long time I made some Googling and noticed that Denman's brush is exactly what I'm looking for. Tangle teezer is great, but hardly gets my worst tangles solved because its bristles are so soft and short. But now I was able to search this Denman's brush from stores around me, and I was happy to find it yesterday! And it really is working with my hair like I was hoping! Very happy!
    Last edited by Priska; March 23rd, 2023 at 08:05 AM.