Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best brushes?

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Best brushes?

I've used Conair "cushion" hairbrushes for years. I've had to replace them twice only because I lost the previous ones while moving house! After buying I pick the ball-ends off the bristles with a tweezer. The bristles underneath are nice and smooth, and the brush itself sturdy and affordable ($6).

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

For years I only used a wide toothed comb on my hair then tangle teezers came on the market....was it a brush? Was it a comb? I didn't care, tangle teezers worked.

Then I changed my mind and decided that my tangle teezer was breaking my hair. So it was back to combs.

Then I bought a tangle teezer wet brush. So far I love it. It detangles my wet hair and slides through my hair when it is dry.

Quote Originally Posted by mochichichi View Post
    I know OP said they don't like these, but my current preference is a tangle teezer for detangling and then 10ish strokes on each side with an oil distributing brush. I'm currently trying out a TEK, but have been using a Denman imitation (BB + nylon mix) for the last eight years or so. The Denman feels more satisfying, but the TEK is definitely more gentle. Still trying to decide which I want to stick with, given that I'll need to replace my knockoff Denman at some point if I don't stick with the TEK.
    Which one is better for wet detangling?

Quote Originally Posted by aeryss View Post
    The only two brushes I used continuously since I got them are my Tek paddle brush & a Tangle Teezer (which has been replaced along the way, same model though).
    I do have a Denman, but that's more for brushing conditioner through in the shower or things like that, not for dry hair care.
    Which one detangles easier wet hair?

Length
    Chin/43.5/Blunt
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by me lene View Post
    Which one detangles easier wet hair?

I never brush wet, I have straight hair so it's weakest wet with no additional non-floofy benefits to wet brushing. If I were to brush on wet, I would use the tangle teezer. I have much less tugging when I hit a tangle, and honestly I don't see the gentleness everyone raves about with the TEK, even though I do love it.
    Chin~Shoulder~APL~Midback~Waist~Hip~TB~CL~[FTL]~MT~Knee~Knee+
    Pursuing my Princess Hair ♕

Quote Originally Posted by mochichichi View Post
    I never brush wet, I have straight hair so it's weakest wet with no additional non-floofy benefits to wet brushing. If I were to brush on wet, I would use the tangle teezer. I have much less tugging when I hit a tangle, and honestly I don't see the gentleness everyone raves about with the TEK, even though I do love it.
    thanks! i might try it

This brushe's name is Tangle teezer but it's different from ordinary soft tangle teezers. The bristles of this hairbrush are hard, but there are a lot of them and very densely and they somehow go intermittently. That makes this brush like a fakir's carpet; one bristle doesn't pull single hairs hard but the pressure distributes to a large area of many bristles. Works good with my hair! Even though I can't use it as the first brush if my hair is tangled...

This is even better than my Denman brush. Even though i use and like them both.
    Last edited by Priska; November 16th, 2023 at 11:45 AM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

That's the drying brush, Priska. From Tangle Teezer. This is like a round brush, but in paddle form and vented throughout for an easy blow dry process. But I'm betting you can detangle with it perfectly fine!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Thanks for the info Lapushka!

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I just use wide toothed combs, horn or wooden. Curiously no brush I tried worked. I'm not exactly a curly but they all make my hair frizzy. Combs don't do that.