Page 24 of 415 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Length
    21/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Update: I tryed the cheapo dollar store kind and gor one whoppen migraine!!! plus it had mineral oil in it. Back to the good stuff I go!!!

Note I am seeing ALMOST double growth. !!
    Lady Aerdrie Fænya of the Sheltered Grove in the Order of the Long Haired Knights"If you are walking through Hell.... Keep walking" W. Churchill "Patiently waiting to be whole again."...me

Length
    19"/23"/30" ?
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

So far I have been using it for 3 weeks, and I have not seen a difference at all.

I am using the 2% monistat and I dilute it with water. I am going to measure today but I haven't seen any growth that I can tell.
    Chopped my hair off a couple months ago, after having it for 8 years. On to the growing process once again! Here we go!!!

Posterchild for Monistat
    Length
    1"/26"/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by suicides_eve View Post
    this is my last post from TBB

ok i have been my own little at home test on which gives me the best result and i was amazed..

--the generic stuff bought from the Family Dollar store ($5) is just not working i usually dilute my mixture,but i even applied full strength for a whole week and i got squat. It also is hard to mix, it stays somewhat chunky even after a vigorous shaking. It is not as greasy as the brand below

--the Walgreen's generic stuff($9) did actually work, it is nearly identical to the Family Dollar brand ingredient list but i received a very good amount of growth using it. it mixes easyier but i find it more greasy then the other brand.

--Walmart brand ($9) didn't cut it for me either.it mixed well but i could detected a faint smell of the stuff once in a while, i know others had to notice it too

--Monisat($13) i believe i received the most hair growth from using this, it mixed well and i didn't have a really bad case of the greasies, down side it is rather expense

I will more then likely be sticking with my Walgreen's brand as it is cheaper and right up the road. these are my experiences and everyone's will be different just thought i would share. i have been doing the MN thing since Oct and just love the hair growth

i have been averaging about 1" of growth per months using it 3x a week( without it, i was not quite getting a 1/2"), i diluted in a pointed type bottle (rinsed out hair dye bottle)
    my first few applications caused serious headaches, but i have built up a tolerance to it i suppose..
    its great for getting rid of scabby/flaking/itchy head
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I apply daktarin (the coochie cream one) to freshly washed hair whilst still wet. I only use once a week, was using 3 times a week and got a tender spot, when i cut down this went though.

i have noticed baby hair sprouts around my temples sticking up, the ends are tapered so its not breakage.

I will be measuring in the Beginning of April.

is that the kinda of information your looking for? i am finding all this stuff on the first few pages , shoot there are even growth pictures in the begining on page 3 or 4 posted by the lovely haired waidz

and no one was "bitting your head off" mommy2one05, we all answered your question the first time around
    Last edited by suicides_eve; April 16th, 2008 at 06:13 PM.
    Makeup Tutorials for the brave and colorful
    View the Monistat Tutorial
    here
    My Hair Blog:
    http://suicideseve.blogspot.com

Here is a thread I found from the old LHC. Its quite long, but I certainly found it interesting and well worth a look. HTH

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...ead.php?t=1209

Length
    neck/APL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/iii

That's not the old LHC, but it is a good source of info for the Monsitat treatment. I've spent a lot of time reading up on Monistat over there.

Oops. Sorry. Hope it helps anyway

Length
    neck/APL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/iii

No need to apologize! I just wanted to point out that it is indeed a different hair forum. They do have some great info on Monistat, Mane Tail Groom (MTG), and a bunch of other growth aids. It's good reading.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldIona View Post
    Here is a thread I found from the old LHC. Its quite long, but I certainly found it interesting and well worth a look. HTH

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...ead.php?t=1209

thanks for the link...very helpful
    who knows I may join the bandwagon
    should I wait till the end of the month so I can measure and know what my normal growth rate for a month is?

Length
    neck/APL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mommy2one05 View Post
    should I wait till the end of the month so I can measure and know what my normal growth rate for a month is?
    At least that long. If you're still mulling it over after you measure, go ahead and wait another month.

If you don't know your own baseline, you can't fairly determine whether your experiment has helped. If you jump right in and grow an inch of hair in a month of using Monistat, you might think, "Yay! Monistat is awesome!" But you'll never really know if you would have grown that inch in a month anyway. That might be your natural growth rate, and then Monistat wouldn't have done a thing for you.

This same thing is one of my gripes about the results pictures out there on the web. The pictures tend to be pre-Monistat and post-Monistat. I would prefer to see a pre-pre-Monistat picture showing the normal growth over the same period of time that the Monistat was used. That would give a better picture of the growth a person could expect during X amount of time v. the growth they actually got while using Monistat. Some ladies do get a wild amount of growth, but I always wonder if they aren't fast growers to begin with.

Length
    short/17/30+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by birdiefu View Post
    I'm also nursing and I am using this. I have a copy of Dr. Hale's "Medications and Mother's Milk". He lists Miconazole as an L2 (safer) drug to use while nursing. Some info from his listing that may help you decide:

He also listed Pediatric concerns as "None reported via milk".

Considering that being used on the scalp, it is absorbed less than the 'usual' application area, and also less amount of cream is used per scalp application (unless you are using a whole tube), any risk would be very minimal. But it's up to you to decide if you want to try it while nursing.

HTH!
    I appreciate it!
    A former longhair who wants to reclaim my long, lovely locks!