Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 4150

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Monistat... dare we start this again

Quote Originally Posted by ljkforu View Post
    I works for me but I guess not everyone.

My favorite place besides the dollar store to get it is Kaiser Permanentes pharmacies. You don't have to be a member to by stuff (I am though). My local drug store wanted 21.00 for generic allergy meds for my son and kaiser wanted 7.00. I think Monistat is about $5.00 (generic).

I've used it full strength and water down and I personally have never had a headache.
    oh good so its worth a try.. ill see about applying it tonight.. i might not be able to because ive got an xmas party at 11am.. i might not have time to wash it in the morning..

never heard of kaiser..
    can i call this classic length

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

How long it takes to see results?
    I bought this local production cream with 2% miconazole (there's no Monistat around here), and applied once-twice a week for at least a month now. I know measurements are very inaccurate, but my hair doesn't seem to grow much. I haven't got headaches or any reaction to it.
    Should I try applying it more often? 3 times a week, every other day or something?

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Length
    14shr/32hip/39cls
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

I use the dollar store stuff, diluted with water in a dropper style bottle. It does contain mineral oil but it's so cheap, it rinses pretty well so it's not a problem for me. Otherwise I don't use mineral oil. I'm trying to do it regularly so I can get a lot of growth with it, but I know it's working since I've noticed more growth on my front hairline/widow's peak where it's thinning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

well i applied it again last night.. i got some drips this time.. but no biggy.. it does wonders for my itchys.. im still using the equate stuff then ill try the dollar stuff..
    can i call this classic length

Length
    28/36/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by squiggyflop View Post
    oh good so its worth a try.. ill see about applying it tonight.. i might not be able to because ive got an xmas party at 11am.. i might not have time to wash it in the morning..

never heard of kaiser..
    Kaiser Permanente is a huge HMO on the West Coast. The big HMO pharmacies generally don't stop non-members from buying OTC.
    FBC cream soap shampoo

Length
    pixie/bob/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

I've been such a slacker with application lately! *IF* I get it on my scalp once a week I'm doing good. The funny part is that I always have the itchies for a day or two after using Monistat. It's not like an allergic reaction... more of the sensation my hair is growing quickly. Who knows if that is really why it feels that way or not. Perhaps it's all in my head.
    Almost APL - cut it all off Dec '10 - Growing again Aug '11

Length
    12"/21"/30"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I purchased CVS Brand probably 2 months ago, but I was chicken to try it and there were other things I wanted to get started...like Henna. But since I'm trying to reach BSL by my Birthday in June, I went ahead and diluted and applied some last night.

I had a MAJOR shed about a year ago when I was using BS/ACV which has left my crown very thin. Quite often in pictures I see my scalp peeking through back there. Even after a year of regrowth coming in, there is still a lot of thinning just at the crown.

So, thats goal #1, to get the crown filled back in.
    And Goal #2 is to speed the length growth.

Is this safe to apply to a 14yo I wonder? For some weird reason my 14yo DD has had a hair growth stall. We Henna/Indigo her hair, and the last time we did, it had been 2 months and her roots were barely 1/4 inch in most places and about 1/2 inch at the nape of her neck. She's really trying to grow her hair out to APL. Her hair used to grow really fast...strange, maybe Puberty hormones.

ETA: Since I don't use any chemical on my body and I'm prone to migraines, one of the things that concerned me was the chemicals in the Monistat. I think thats actually what kept me from using it the past 2 months . Last night, all I felt was a slight cooling/tingling sensation on my scalp but no headache. This morning I was a little itchy and slightly greasy, but its better now that I have washed my hair. I've been shedding again the past couple weeks for some reason, not a major shed, but much more than I have been the past 6 months or so. No breaks, and no split ends, so I'm assuming they are from the scalp. During my wash this morning it was about the same as the past couple weeks. Hopefully that will improve soon.
    Last edited by eaglefeather71; December 28th, 2008 at 09:13 AM.
    Lady Ismene of the Silver Spiral in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2010 Goals: WAIST by End of June w/ the help of Indian Herbs and Oils

Length
    28/36/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefeather71 View Post
    I purchased CVS Brand probably 2 months ago, but I was chicken to try it and there were other things I wanted to get started...like Henna. But since I'm trying to reach BSL by my Birthday in June, I went ahead and diluted and applied some last night.

I had a MAJOR shed about a year ago when I was using BS/ACV which has left my crown very thin. Quite often in pictures I see my scalp peeking through back there. Even after a year of regrowth coming in, there is still a lot of thinning just at the crown.

So, thats goal #1, to get the crown filled back in.
    And Goal #2 is to speed the length growth.

Is this safe to apply to a 14yo I wonder? For some weird reason my 14yo DD has had a hair growth stall. We Henna/Indigo her hair, and the last time we did, it had been 2 months and her roots were barely 1/4 inch in most places and about 1/2 inch at the nape of her neck. She's really trying to grow her hair out to APL. Her hair used to grow really fast...strange, maybe Puberty hormones.

ETA: Since I don't use any chemical on my body and I'm prone to migraines, one of the things that concerned me was the chemicals in the Monistat. I think thats actually what kept me from using it the past 2 months . Last night, all I felt was a slight cooling/tingling sensation on my scalp but no headache. This morning I was a little itchy and slightly greasy, but its better now that I have washed my hair. I've been shedding again the past couple weeks for some reason, not a major shed, but much more than I have been the past 6 months or so. No breaks, and no split ends, so I'm assuming they are from the scalp. During my wash this morning it was about the same as the past couple weeks. Hopefully that will improve soon.
    I personally wouldn't put a hormone blocker on a 14 yo. For you though even if you don't get supper length it should help you fill in your crown. If you should find that it make you shed add generic Rogaine to keep the hair in your head.

Have your daughter check with a doctor or at least take a full spectrum vitamin.
    FBC cream soap shampoo

Length
    Shldr/22/Term.
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefeather71 View Post

I am also prone to migraines and my experience with this has been that the one time I diluted it instead of applying it straight I got a whopper of a migraine.
    I apply it with an old oral medication syringe and only about 1/3 of the syringe is used. (It's a small syringe.)

Glad to hear you had good luck with it though. I have been on and off the wagon with this one.
    1st mini goal: BSL
    2nd mini goal: Halfway between BSL and waist
    3rd mini goal: Waist

Length
    3"/APL/Butt
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i

do you think the monistat thing is ok for pregnant people cuz my docs have me being weary about any kind of chemicals during my pregnancy. or perhaps I should just wait until the baby is born....