Page 11 of 415 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Length
    31/Class/term

I'll join in again on this one. I used the Rite Aid brand 3-day miconazole cream 1x per week for quite a while, and had excellent growth from it. I got concerned because of the shedding I noticed so I stopped the treatment.

In the last few weeks I've been annoyed by dry, flaky, itchy scalp to such an extent that I went back to the Miconazole, same brand and strength. Also my cat has some patches of broken hair that he seems to be itching, so I fear ringworm or some such thing. We're both using the Miconazole now.

The cream completely stopped my itching and flakes. I notice no increase in shedding, so from before that must have been seasonal. I'm still waiting for an obvious improvement in the cat's symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by suicides_eve View Post
    i know several long term users that have had success using the darkin (sadly in the old bored) it is suppose to be the equal to monistat and neopspirin AF(athleths foot) over here in the states. i don't recall any serious side effects from others then some heavy shedding the being
    thanks Eve,
    I'll suspected that the warning was in reference to the MN as it is the only active ingredient in both daktarin and monistat; and most people on here seem to tolerate monistat quite well. I'll give the UK brand a go for around a month and will report my findings.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldIona View Post
    Hello everyone,
    Im new to this site and this is my first post. I would love to try this MN method but was a bit concerned when I read a warning against using Daktarin on the hair. No matter how carefully I would apply the cream to my scalp only, Im sure some would get onto my hair. I just want to give my growth a boost.......its usually so slow.
    The ladies on this site seem to have had amazing results using this product and I was wondering if anyone knows why this warning exists and how I could best avoid getting it on my hair? Thanks, Iona
    im a nurse and asked a dermatologist about applying daktarin to the scalp, he said it is perfectly fine to do this and in fact is sometimes prescribed with treating ringworm of the scalp, which is a fungal infection.

I found when i was applying it to dry hair loads got on my hair, so now i apply the straight cream to wet hair and have had no problems, HTH and welcome to LHC hope you stop around and get some great results x
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by suicides_eve View Post
    i know several long term users that have had success using the darkin (sadly in the old bored) it is suppose to be the equal to monistat and neopspirin AF(athleths foot) over here in the states. i don't recall any serious side effects from others then some heavy shedding the being
    I was shedding loads before trying daktarin but since using it end of Dec? i shed hardly anything and i am getting nearly 1" growth a month compared to 1/2" before
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    im a nurse and asked a dermatologist about applying daktarin to the scalp, he said it is perfectly fine to do this and in fact is sometimes prescribed with treating ringworm of the scalp, which is a fungal infection.

I found when i was applying it to dry hair loads got on my hair, so now i apply the straight cream to wet hair and have had no problems, HTH and welcome to LHC hope you stop around and get some great results x
    Thanks Jojo,
    Thats really great to hear. This is a great site!

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I have an idea for application if anyone is willing to try!!!
    Get those glue tubes, that have a sort of mesh circle on the application. You screw that off from the tube and empty the liquid glue and wash out really well (probably a good idea to buy a water based glue) and then once it is all washed put your MN in it and then screw the cap on and apply! I think it could work! I almost bought some of those glues today!
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Wow, the results look amazing! I wish I still lived in NYC, then I could get Monistat at once and try !!!!
    I live in Sweden now and I donīt think I can get it here...anyone from Sweden that know????
    Is it possible to use some other brand?? What is the active ingredient??

Thankīs...
    /Emme

Length
    19/19/term
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I was shedding loads before trying daktarin but since using it end of Dec? i shed hardly anything and i am getting nearly 1" growth a month compared to 1/2" before
    Jojo your results sound really good. Please tell me - how often do you apply it? ...and do you water it down and apply from a bottle or put the stuff on your fingertips? I hope you keep up the good growth!!

Marian

Length
    12/15/32
    Type
    2b/F/M/i/ii

I hadn't thought about it until reading JoJo's comments, but I'm not shedding much either. I used to shed gobs, shake the head and watch the hair fly shedding, but nearly none for the last few weeks. Cool!
    Am not gonna measure till Sunday, can't wait!

Length
    20"/42"/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

I have not tried this, I've been scared to due to skin sensitivity.
    I do remember the old thread. Anyone form the old thread.
    I remember a few women who had bald patches and thin spots
    that they wanted to test this on. Any of you here and have you
    had any luck growing back their problem areas?
    ~Ny
    Lady Nynaeve of the Sword in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Inflammatory Breast Cancer - No Lumps, Not detected by mammograms.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=63326

"Some women don't want the land, or gold. Just the man..." ~Nynaeve
    "For in the plot we find more than just a man, we find the idea of that man, the spirit of that man, and that is what we must never forget." Evey (V)