Page 111 of 415 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 4150

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Length
    16/32.5/50
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Monistat... dare we start this again

For my one month result. I have always exactly 1/2 inch a month (4 weeks, 28 days). Except this month. It's been 4 weeks exactly to when I first applied the MN. Todays measurment shows that my hair has grown 1 inch this month - twice as long as usual!

This is very encouraging. I'd love to find a better way to apply. I'll have to get me one of those applicator bottles!

Length
    17"/16.5"/30"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Ok. So, since I'm poor (haha), I got the Equate brand of Monistat. Main ingredient is miconazole nitrate - 100mg per applicator. Inactive ingredients are benzoic acid, BHA, mineral oil, peglicol-5 oleate, pegaxol 7 stearate, and purified water. All except the last ingredient? I know NOTHING of what they are or might be.

Is this the stuff I'm supposed to be diluting (if I want) and putting on my scalp? Or did I totally buy the wrong thing?
    ~ habakkuk 3:17-19 ~

Length
    28/36/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CherishedOne View Post
    Ok. So, since I'm poor (haha), I got the Equate brand of Monistat. Main ingredient is miconazole nitrate - 100mg per applicator. Inactive ingredients are benzoic acid, BHA, mineral oil, peglicol-5 oleate, pegaxol 7 stearate, and purified water. All except the last ingredient? I know NOTHING of what they are or might be.

Is this the stuff I'm supposed to be diluting (if I want) and putting on my scalp? Or did I totally buy the wrong thing?
    Equate is fine. I can buy it here at Fred Meyer. The ingredients look normal. Go for it. The mineral oil might make your forehead a little greasy, blot it with toilet paper if it does.
    FBC cream soap shampoo

Don't Stall On Me Now!
    Length
    Pixie/Hip/Clssc
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I have stopped MN for awhile because of my work schedule and being totally toooo tired to do it but I've picked it up again and hopefully gaining more length in the next few months!

Watch out BSL!!! Here I come!

Length
    28/36/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEliza View Post
    For my one month result. I have always exactly 1/2 inch a month (4 weeks, 28 days). Except this month. It's been 4 weeks exactly to when I first applied the MN. Todays measurment shows that my hair has grown 1 inch this month - twice as long as usual!

This is very encouraging. I'd love to find a better way to apply. I'll have to get me one of those applicator bottles!
    I really thought I was still only getting 1/2 inch per month until my measurement at 5 months and discovered 5 inches of growth. I think you have to give it a while to be able to really see what it is doing.
    FBC cream soap shampoo

Length
    17"/16.5"/30"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

So, I can dilute this stuff, rub it on my scalp, and then leave it in overnight. Right? Then, I can wash it out --- is leaving it in overnight long enough? I HATE going out with dirty hair. :]

Cherished, I apply mine with a pointy-topped bottle, the kind that is used to apply hair dye to roots. I dilute it in about a half inch of warm water, shake until it's dissolved, and apply to scalp only. Then I leave it on overnight. I do sometimes apply it in the daytime if my hair is going up anyway.

Lisa, that is amazing! Congrats on your new growth!!!
    No matter how much I try to be plain, people don't accept me, so I might as well be fabulous.
    -Austin Scarlett.

Length
    8"/8"/24"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeni View Post
    Filiadeluna- Im also 25 and feel the same way(I'm a weeny). Self check outs at walmart are fantastic. While it's slightly embarrassing to buy yeast infection cream, it's more embarrassing (to me) to be seen buying it every month, or in bulk. Cause I'm totally sure the people at the super walmart will remember me, out of the 50 trillion people a day they see....

Jeni
    LOL!!!!! I did not even think about this! now, that was funny!!

Length
    16/32.5/50
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CherishedOne View Post
    So, I can dilute this stuff, rub it on my scalp, and then leave it in overnight. Right? Then, I can wash it out --- is leaving it in overnight long enough? I HATE going out with dirty hair. :]
    I apply it every second day, and I don't wash my hair that often! It makes my scalp a little greasy, but not that much. Oil in the hair does not equal dirty hair.

Length
    17"/16.5"/30"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

K. I put it on. Then I realized, "I only used Equate! It's not name brand!" There's NO WAY I can afford a name-brand product. So next time I try, I'll dilute it less, and then see.......such a bummer! :[