Page 13 of 415 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Xepher View Post
    Yes, I think it worked faster than the 2%((I started with 2% at first)). The headaches unfortunately were a little more painful, but yes...I do find it is better than the 2%.

I had no headache with 2% so I think 4% would be no problem, if only I could find it! I think the 2% has stopped working for me, but I didn't use it regularly enough in the last weeks. I find it had to keep up, as I hate greasy roots.

Length
    19"/23"/30" ?
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

Emme76

You should try to order online
    Last edited by ladystar; March 31st, 2008 at 01:20 PM.
    Chopped my hair off a couple months ago, after having it for 8 years. On to the growing process once again! Here we go!!!

Length
    bob/80/termi
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nynaeve View Post
    I have not tried this, I've been scared to due to skin sensitivity.
    I do remember the old thread. Anyone form the old thread.
    I remember a few women who had bald patches and thin spots
    that they wanted to test this on. Any of you here and have you
    had any luck growing back their problem areas?
    I was one of those who tried it on my receded temple area. I did think it had filled in, but when I took pictures, this did not seem to be the case. HTH

Now I am trying it again, 1% Clotrimazole (because that's what I have on hand) but this time my goal is to help with flaky areas of skin/scalp.
    Overall:1cCiii (Canopy 1bCiii; Front 3aCii; underneath 2bMiii) "...true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows!" Sam Levenson

^ Thank you for bringing up an important point Hairstorm.

I think in some case, there may be a placebo effect going on. Although it is quite possible that the changes do not register properly on camera, I don't think we should discount the placebo effect either.

Edited to Add:

I think it is always good to be mindful of good, so-so, and negative results from using MN in this manner. There are all kinds of experiences posted here in the orginal archived thread,
    "Holy Moly! Growth So Fast It's Scary".
    Last edited by Áine; April 1st, 2008 at 12:03 AM.
    [CENTER]

Posterchild for Monistat
    Length
    1"/26"/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

ok i am doing this early but my measurements for the month of march is 3/4 of a inch more growth. i am now a little over 15". (and yes the pirate face is totally necessary.) my one year is quickly approaching 4and a half months to go! maybe i will apl by then by using my magic tube of cooter cream

how is everyone else making out?
    Makeup Tutorials for the brave and colorful
    View the Monistat Tutorial
    here
    My Hair Blog:
    http://suicideseve.blogspot.com

Length
    neck/APL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by suicides_eve View Post
    ok i am doing this early but my measurements for the month of march is 3/4 of a inch more growth. i am now a little over 15". (and yes the pirate face is totally necessary.) my one year is quickly approaching 4and a half months to go! maybe i will apl by then by using my magic tube of cooter cream

how is everyone else making out?
    I have been applying sporadically. I really wanted to say that I love that you found occasion to use the pirate smiley and the word cooter in the same post. Not that they *should* be funny together, but it made me laugh.

Length
    19"/23"/30" ?
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

I am going on my second week its to soon to tell.
    Chopped my hair off a couple months ago, after having it for 8 years. On to the growing process once again! Here we go!!!

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I'm on my second week, and I swear I am seeing roots (I dyed my hair about a week before I started the MN). I'm pretty sure this is all in my head though....wishful thinking is making me delusional.

Jeni

Length
    12/15/32
    Type
    2b/F/M/i/ii

Jeni - sign me up for your diet program (minus the wurst)!
    Jazzy1913- how can you buy MN by itself? I've only seen monistat type products with MN here.
    OK, DH measured yesterday ( with a comment about "obsession") and the bulk is at 22 but the longest layer hit 22.5.
    I put the 4% monistat in about 5 times a week, no dilution. Sometimes the hair is wet, sometimes it's dry. Massage my scalp habitually, shampoo 2-3 times a week with a VO5, and comb either with fingers or a wide prong pick. I oil 3x weekly with coconut oil mixed with almond oil (for the smell, use it as body/face lotion too), and 3xwekk with "Africa's Best Hair and Body oil". I found it by accident when on a product hunt. It's in the ethnic hair stuff section, is all natural and has nearly every great hair oil I've seen on the forum in it. As a final selling point- it's less than two US bucks a bottle. As it's soooo oily I put it on very lightly when using it a a daily oil. It lasts forever, doesn't gunk up my hair annd my hair loves it!! Oh, and do an all day condition once a week.
    Not trying to be vain with the program, just want to share as it is working so well. I've gained 3 inches in less than a month. Gotta share that!

Length
    19"/23"/30" ?
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

Stepha
    3 inches in less than a month ???? OMG lucky you I want that tooo. I might just go buy the oil's and everything you do. WOW!!!! So you put the Monistat 5x a week? do you wash your hair every day? and add theses oils?