Page 151 of 415 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 4150

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Default Re: Monistat... dare we start this again

a little EDIT: don't look at the line of the shoulders, as it depends on how I was keeping my shoulders. Look at the top of the head and at the lenght that flows on the back.

Length
    21/43/45
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Thumbs up Re: Monistat... dare we start this again

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Rosewijn View Post
    a little EDIT: don't look at the line of the shoulders, as it depends on how I was keeping my shoulders. Look at the top of the head and at the lenght that flows on the back.
    Sharon, that's some serious growth. By the way, your hair color and texture are striking.

I swear, Monistat really needs to figure out what the mechanism is that makes hair grow so much faster and fuller and get a similar product on the market. They'd make a mint if they knew.
    Deb

Length
    chin/waist/knee
    Type
    3b/M/ii

I got some comparison pictures. If anything, it's shorter. I have been shedding out fistfuls since I went on meds. I did a very small trim about three weeks ago due to unmanagable ends but it was less than 1/2 inch.
    This was July 09:

This was taken tonight... September.

In the most recent pic my ends might be curled from being in a bun all day. The first pic is hard to see because it's cut off. Here's a slightly better one, also from July. Of course, some of it is tied back:

I guess the good news with Monistat- my hair doesn't feel thinner, even though I'm shedding a lot. What I should have got "before" pictures of was my widow's peak and around the front of my head. That looks thicker to me.
    I guess I need to practice application towards the back of my head where the length growth is.

I am using the 2% monistat after my shower, putting it on my fingertips and rubbing it in. Should I dig to find the 4% and get a better application method?
    I'm also on a multivitamin and a vitamin B/zinc supplement, so I'm taking about 300% DV of many B vitamins and 200% DV zinc... it's too soon to see if that has helped.

I was at classic at one time and I'm going to regret cutting it forever if my hair never gets that long again.

ETA: I've been doing the Monistat/vitamins since June. I have been putting the Monistat on every day faithfully for maybe a month- before that it was just hit/miss. Probably is too soon to see much.
    Last edited by BranwenWolf; September 5th, 2009 at 11:33 PM.
    Lady Branwen of the Sunlit Glory
    COMFORT THE DISTURBED. DISTURB THE COMFORTABLE.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldLady View Post
    Sharon, that's some serious growth. By the way, your hair color and texture are striking.

I swear, Monistat really needs to figure out what the mechanism is that makes hair grow so much faster and fuller and get a similar product on the market. They'd make a mint if they knew.
    Deffinitely there is something with MN. But I think that again, it depends of everyone. The ones who have a faster growth are the lucky ones, cause my friends tried it too , applied it already 4 times and she told me that her hair was shedding more, she got itchy scalp and her hair didn't grow faster. She has her hair dyed, so i could see her roots. It seems it doesn't work for everyone

And thanks for the compliment I take care of my hair very much after the shock I had with all the hair damaged after a bleaching.

Length
    14"/25"/31"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Wow, Sharon, your hair really is growing fast! I have been using it for a week or two, not sure exactly. I have been doing 4% directly on my scalp (just rubbing it in) every other night. The second day my scalp itched and hurt a bit, but since then, it has stopped itching completely, which is nice b/c I always had an itchy head. I haven't been doing it enough for any growth to show, though.
    BSL to above the jaw bob now lob and headed back down

Length
    21/43/45
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by BranwenWolf View Post
    I got some comparison pictures. If anything, it's shorter. I have been shedding out fistfuls since I went on meds. ........

ETA: I've been doing the Monistat/vitamins since June. I have been putting the Monistat on every day faithfully for maybe a month- before that it was just hit/miss. Probably is too soon to see much.
    Bran, I know exactly what of you speak. I am the queen of hair mauling meds. I've been through three hospitalizations and two major surgeries last year, and am up for another major surgery in a week. I have been on Prednisone for five years and it is nearly impossible to fight that.

I think you have to use the products that others show have worked, see if they work for you, and keep them up. Don't get discouraged. You will definately be losing less hair and growing faster than if you loss hope and give up.

One more thing, I have had really good luck alternating Monistat with another much talked about product called 'Ovation' conditioner. It is expensive, but I use it like the Monistat (probably less than a teaspoon a night with water on the scalp- so it lasts forever) alternating nights and I think my hair couldn't be doing better under the circumstances.

Take care.
    Deb

Length
    18"/25"/TB
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I had to take a break from Monistat...getting too expensive

Length
    chin/waist/knee
    Type
    3b/M/ii

I think there is *some* improvement- I notice myself taking two wraps on the hair scrunchie as opposed to three. I'm almost out of the 2% monistat and might hunt for the 4% later tonight.

I was thinking of getting the horse Mega Tek as opposed to the human stuff because I think it's the same company? I just wonder if it would be cheaper for the volume. Here:
    http://www.nextag.com/mega-tek-cell-rebuilder/shop-html

ETA: Yep, it's EQyss International for Ovation and MegaTek. I can get 12 oz of the horse goo or liquid for about $25 versus the whole Ovation system for $96????

ETA2: Dumb question that I'm sure has been answered before- if you stop using these things, does all the hard work hair growth shed out?
    Lady Branwen of the Sunlit Glory
    COMFORT THE DISTURBED. DISTURB THE COMFORTABLE.

Length
    pix/shldr/bs?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Dears,

i promised more than a month ago i would report if my hair growth show any change under the influence of a Central European anti-fungus cream, Canesten, with the active ingredient clotrimazolum in it. As far as i know i'm the second person on the boards to try it, and i'm also the second who can report no change: my hair grows a little less than half an inch a month, and no measurable change occurred in the six weeks i was regularly applying diluted Canesten on my scalp.

Now the change or no change can be attributed to more factors, but since the whole procedure is not so pleasant, and i think for me this six weeks period was more than enough, i quit the experiment, and jusge it as unsuccessful.

free_hug, thanks for reporting on your experiment!

I'm continuing with Daktarin every 2-3 days and my hair is growing faster. I'd say I get at least 50% more growth with Daktarin than without. I'm not getting any headaches, so all is good.

I keep going to different pharmacies to restock, haha. I don't want people pointing at me "look there's the lady who buys foot fungus cream every week" lol.