Page 2 of 415 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Length
    pixie/short/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Monistat trial

I tried this for a couple of weeks. First, the 4%, which gave me 1/4" growth in a week. Then the 2%, which did absolutely nothing. So maybe my earlier growth was a fluke.
    In a grow and cut cycle...

Type
    1c/M/C/iii

I'm still on this wagon as it did a great job with filling in a patch. So now I'm using it on the whole scalp. I haven't measured in a while but the shedding is down significantly and the ponytail diameter is thickening.

I've been using the Family Dollar brand.

Posterchild for Monistat
    Length
    1"/26"/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

I was alway curious about using the 4%, i never personally tried it. sounds like it is the same as using 2% 3x a week that is what i do and i get about 1/4"/wk hmmmm..
    Makeup Tutorials for the brave and colorful
    View the Monistat Tutorial
    here
    My Hair Blog:
    http://suicideseve.blogspot.com

Length
    bald/shldr/term.
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I've been hesitant to try this, given the possible side-effect (headaches, for one), but I'm really intrigued by the results you guys are getting.

One question though: do you use the monistat that is used "internally" for yeast infections, or is this a topical cream for "outside" itchies?

Back to shoulder-length again! Yippee!

Length
    ? 20"/26"/???
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDreamer View Post
    One question though: do you use the monistat that is used "internally" for yeast infections, or is this a topical cream for "outside" itchies?
    Yes, that would be it - the 'internal' kind.

I've been rather sporadic about using MN (I use WalMart' generic brand mixed with some leftover Crowning Glory cream). I aim for 3x week, using it the night before a shampoo day. But the last month I have been using it only about once a week, mostly out of sheer laziness.

The difference I notice is when I am not using it, my hairline flakies increase. My shedding is always more when using MN, but I always shed more after any kind of scalp treatment.

As for growth, I have lots of new baby hairs along the hairline, but I can't tell if I'm gaining any length.

Might help if I were a regular measurer.
    ~Wanita~
    Journal
    "Life is short...wear cute shoes." The Red Shoe

Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I believe it was Aine who began this thread originally.

I still haven't tried it but am so, so tempted. I'd really like to thicken up the hair around my temples, I'm just afraid to get a headache from it for fear it might trigger a migraine. Maybe if I water it down a lot at first so it's extremely diluted and build up the strength slowly it would minimize the risk - kind of get used to it. Any opinions on trying it this way?
    Lady Daeryane Moone of the Silken Sunshine in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    "Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." ~G. K. Chesterton

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by fae View Post
    What is daktarin?

I started doing monistat last month. My hair grew 1 inch in like three weeks. Woohoo! But I hadn't paid much attention to how fast it grew before last month. But it is hitting new land marks on my backside, so I guess it is growing faster.

Thanks for the idea.
    Daktarin is a highly glamorous athletes foot cream with 2% miconazole, available in the UK. I'd use the Monistat myself (esp as it has 4% miconazole) but I don't believe you can get it here. Sounds as though I'd get even faster growth with that, and I could certainly do with it, being barely shoulder-length.

Length
    0"/16.5"/28"
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Do you guys think that other antifungals (especially tea tree oil since we have that) would work too? Has anyone tried switching the cream to something else to see if the results change?
    Starting over from scratch! At shoulder. Kinda. Well, chin at least!
    Lady Sorayah, Victor of Youth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I'm using Daktarin for 2 months now and at first there were no results. The first week I experienced extra hair loss, but my hair has improved since. There are lots of new hairs growing and my hair is starting to get thicker. It also grows at my normal rate again, which used to be fast but slowed down a lot in the last year. Daktarin didn't yet help me to get rid of my scalp problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Soraya View Post
    Do you guys think that other antifungals (especially tea tree oil since we have that) would work too? Has anyone tried switching the cream to something else to see if the results change?
    Hi Soraya!

Well, on the other Mega-MN thread in LHC archives, we came to a possible understanding that it may be something beyond the anti-fungal property. It may very well be that the "-azole" functional group may be at play here in assisting the accelerated growth for some people.

That being said... if tea tree oil is something your scalp really likes, then by all means use it. Then come back and tell us about it. I always like to learn something new.
    Last edited by Áine; March 31st, 2008 at 11:56 PM. Reason: To add link
    [CENTER]