Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 4150

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Nulliparous Snarkus RadiantNeedle's Avatar
    Length
    15"/Knee/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Monistat... dare we start this again

SO! I bought some Daktarin! 2% miconazole nitrate, with benzoic acid and butylated hydroxyanisole... Was cheaper than I thought it would be. I hope this is the right stuff!

How do folks use this? Just like the Monistat? I'm thinking I should probably at least try to take some photos of my hairline and crown before I start using it so that I have a point of reference.

There were some other similar products with the MN in them, 2% (I didnt find anything at 4%), but I got the Daktarin even though it was slightly more expensive, partly because I haven't heard anything about these other products in regards to helping with shedding, growth speed and re-growing hair. One of them had a steroid in it, so I wasn't keep on purchasing it until I did my research. I think its cortisol, which my body tends to have too much of, anyway x_x

Anyway... Off to have a CO wash and an AVC rinse after a nice soak!

Length
    chin/apl/waist
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

sounds fine to me, Daktarin is just a brand name its the miconazole nitrate that does the good stuff!

I have used 3 times a week for all of August. I will wash, measure and photograph tomorrow and report back!
    Follow my grey grow out adventure and hair care blog at http://www.lifeinsliver.com

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Post Re: Monistat... dare we start this again

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrox View Post
    sounds fine to me, Daktarin is just a brand name its the miconazole nitrate that does the good stuff!

I have used 3 times a week for all of August. I will wash, measure and photograph tomorrow and report back!
    I have been using the Daktarin about three weeks now and i swear my hair parting is getting thicker some how and my fringe area is growing in.

Then today i noticed i have new hair growing reaching to my ears like layers( that wasn't there 2 weeks a go) I have been applying it in the shower on my roots every day for 2 weeks..

Nulliparous Snarkus RadiantNeedle's Avatar
    Length
    15"/Knee/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Oooh that sounds brilliant!
    I took some photos last night before I put the stuff on, and boooy did that make me depressed. The amount of visible scalp I've got going is just.. ghastly.
    Let's hope this works out as well for me as it has for you!

Length
    SL/Class/?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I think I'm going to try and get some Miconazole/Daktarin today. I've been having scalp problems lately, and the hair around the back of my parting has gotten so incredibly thin. Maybe this could help it grow in again. Thanks for the tip!

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by schweedie View Post
    I think I'm going to try and get some Miconazole/Daktarin today. I've been having scalp problems lately, and the hair around the back of my parting has gotten so incredibly thin. Maybe this could help it grow in again. Thanks for the tip!
    Your very welcome i started doing this after someone of a hair loss forum said doing it daily showed better results. I forgot to mention since i have been using the Daktarin my toe nails aren't as brittle and the slight yellowness has gone.

Length
    15/22/45
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii/iii

I have been using MN daily for the past three weeks. I can't say that I've noticed much improvement in growth rate. But then again I am an incredibly slow grower.

I haven't gone through the entire 200 page thread, but has anyone tried this on men (for baldness) ? Hubby won't let me put va-j-j cream on his head unless he is sure it will work. lol

little hair obsessed too littlenvy's Avatar
    Length
    10"/waist/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by JayLee View Post
    I have been using MN daily for the past three weeks. I can't say that I've noticed much improvement in growth rate. But then again I am an incredibly slow grower.

I haven't gone through the entire 200 page thread, but has anyone tried this on men (for baldness) ? Hubby won't let me put va-j-j cream on his head unless he is sure it will work. lol
    LOL ... I'm trying it now on my hubby. I've mixed it with Emu oil which is a natural DHT blocker. (1/3 emu oil to 2/3 monistat).
    Started last night. We will see how it goes.
    And I have NOT told him what's in the mix Just that its a hair growing cream.

Length
    15/22/45
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by littlenvy View Post
    LOL ... I'm trying it now on my hubby. I've mixed it with Emu oil which is a natural DHT blocker. (1/3 emu oil to 2/3 monistat).
    That is so what I should have done... Ignorance is bliss, after all.
    Please let us know if you acheive some sort of success.

Length
    Buzz/SL/BSL
    Type
    3b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by littlenvy View Post
    I'm really curious to hear how this works for him - please keep us posted!

Speaking of mind-over-matter, I've have to admit that I transfer my MN from the tube to a small squeezy bottle when I get it home. Somehow it's psychologically easier for me to squeeze it out of a clear plastic bottle every day than direct from the tube. Without the branding, it magically becomes a perfectly normal hair product. *laugh*
    14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30... Celebrating every inch!