Page 3 of 415 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Length
    neck/APL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/iii

From Feb 14 on The Beauty Bottle:

I have used the MN treatment for about a month now. My official growth measurement will happen on the 17th, but as of now, I haven't seen/measured a bit of new growth. Nothing. And I'm not talking no extra growth above and beyond my normal growth. I mean NO growth whatsoever.

Since then, I have cut my hair back to about 21 inches. I am waiting on the motivation to strike to try again. Maybe I'll get the brand name stuff this time, since people have been reporting poor results with the Equate brand that I was using.

Length
    24/34/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

What is the technique for using this cream? Rub it in your scalp at bedtime and wash hair in the morning? How many hours does it need to remain on the scalp to work? TIA.

The Joy is in the Journey

Type
    2b/M/C/ii

I use Nizoral shampoo (ketoconazole) once a week and apply Monistat on my layers after CO washes, usually once or twice a week... when I remember. I just leave it in until next wash as it seems to get absorbed by the skin.

Since I'm not a regular measurer I can't really tell whether or not my hair is growing faster, but just yesterday my MIL commented on how long my hair is getting. "I never really noticed before, but..."

Love the shampoo, though! It's a bit expensive, but after a wash my hair is shiny, thick and my scalp feels awesome. I get buildup/dandruff/scalp gunk quite easily.

I have to henna my roots every 3-4 weeks... is that normal? LoL! I have no frame of reference.
    Lady Ailin, Bearer of the Heavenly Waters in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I also henna my hair and it's a good indicator for growth, since using Daktarin I do have to do the roots more often, but I'm lazy. I really really need to do them right now, but the mess...

Anybody did any measurements yet?

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

i do want to try this. I wanted to use the 100% MSM and mix it with some aloe vera and perhaps some other hair growth strengthening herbs (like amla, shikakai and more)
    But for a tiny jar it costs $25!!!! I'll just eat more eggs.....lol
    did read somewhere that if you boil caggabe and make a mask of it or eat it there is sulfur in it. i think..Isn't it the sulfur in it that helps hair grow???
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Length
    22/34/term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by The Flame View Post
    What is the technique for using this cream? Rub it in your scalp at bedtime and wash hair in the morning? How many hours does it need to remain on the scalp to work? TIA.
    Exactly. . I rub it straight into my scalp and CO it out in the morning or leave it longer if I can stand it! LOL.
    My Photo Journal like books?-- see my journal!
    I am lady Athena, keeper of wisdom, in the order of the long haired knights!

Length
    Jaw/APL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I really want to try this. I've just been too lazy to go buy some, haha. Also I'm a little cautious because of the headaches that some people have reported. Like someone else mentioned, I'm afraid of it triggering a migraine too. But I think I'm just going to try it anyway. I love everybody's willingness to be a guinea pig, it cracks me up.

Length
    22/22/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Has anybody tried Tinactin jock itch spray? I know it sounds gross, but it says it's a powder, so I'm thinking it may help with the greasies in addition to helping with growth. It has 2% miconazole I think.

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Default I achieved growth with MN

I've achieved growth with Daktarin, although I'm not sure how much as I haven't measured. Started on 9 Jan, use it about 1-2 a week muxed with Castor Oil. I achieved more growth in 2 months than I ever did. I also started using Gro Aut about 2 weeks ago so currently gauging the results of that as well. Pic below of my length in December and then February:

1st Goal: BSL - By Oct 2010
    2nd Goal: Waist Length - By June 2011

Length
    24/34/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Thank you, marajade!

The Joy is in the Journey