Page 41 of 415 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    20"/23"/52"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i

Default Re: Monistat... dare we start this again

OK IM LOST AND CONFUSED NOW LOL. I cant find the origional monistat thread. And im thinking this is something i should try because my hair is soo thin (because of meds, polycistic ovary disease, panic attacks, and chronic stress). Please help me find that thread. HOW do you do this? how to apply it etc. thanks, im retarded at times LOL

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ladystar View Post
    Wow I didn't know that. So you apply it to your fingernails also?
    It gets on my fingernails by default when I apply it to my scalp.
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    19"/23"/30" ?
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    It gets on my fingernails by default when I apply it to my scalp.
    Ok, thank you, I haven't really paid any attention to my nails. I guess I will now. lol
    Chopped my hair off a couple months ago, after having it for 8 years. On to the growing process once again! Here we go!!!

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmy67cuda View Post
    OK IM LOST AND CONFUSED NOW LOL. I cant find the origional monistat thread. And im thinking this is something i should try because my hair is soo thin (because of meds, polycistic ovary disease, panic attacks, and chronic stress). Please help me find that thread. HOW do you do this? how to apply it etc. thanks, im retarded at times LOL
    I very unscientifically apply the miconazole straight out of the tube and onto my scalp. I bend over at the waist so I can apply more to the scalp and less to the hair itself.
    I use it about 3 times a week. I put it on at night and do not wash out.
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    20"/23"/52"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i

do you put it on dry hair? and then just wash it out in the morning right? Im gonna give this a try. My hair is really thin on top due to meds, stress and other health problems. im willing to give ANYTHING a try at this point.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I do the same as girlcat but I put mine on wet hair, as i find it easier as hair is more piecy so I get the scalp and not my hair!

*Girlcat' My mum got the monistat 4% from a chemist and she thinks it cost $8 ish, but she had to ask for it behind the counter. so starting on the 4% tomorrow!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    pixie/27/40
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Woohoo! I've finally read through this whole thread AND the old LHC site's one! Whoa, I feel like I've read a very long book.

OK, so I'm going through a major growth slow-down over the past few months (I've been stuck around 27" now for two months running) and am now willing to jump on this bandwagon after reading a LOT about it. I do know that I am going to need to at least start off using a water-diluted version because of my migraine vulnerability, but it sounds like people are still getting good results using it diluted.

One question for those in the UK: where are you finding the application bottles? I've found that I can't find anything like that in Boots. Any suggestions?

And finally, I think I may not be able to start until 2 weeks from today because I've got to do a cassia treatment tonight and then my dad is in town for 12 days and I may not be able to hog our only bathroom for long enough to apply. But I've gotten some of the Daktarin cream now and will apply at my first opportunity.
    First Goal: BSL
    Second Goal: Waist Length
    Third Goal: Classic Length

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I do the same as girlcat but I put mine on wet hair, as i find it easier as hair is more piecy so I get the scalp and not my hair!

*Girlcat' My mum got the monistat 4% from a chemist and she thinks it cost $8 ish, but she had to ask for it behind the counter. so starting on the 4% tomorrow!
    Jojo--that's great! I'm going to be embarrassed to ask the pharmacist for the 4%! Bwahahaha!!!

I may have to suffer the embarrassment depending on your report on the 4%.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmy67cuda View Post
    OK IM LOST AND CONFUSED NOW LOL. I cant find the origional monistat thread
    The original thread is in the archives on the first page of the main forum... link is below, hopefully linking to the archives will work and the original thread was called: Using Monistat, Holy Moly...growth so fast it's scary!
    http://archive.longhaircommunity.com...ad.php?t=68526
    Last edited by wintersun99; July 2nd, 2008 at 01:29 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    So am I the only one who is noticing longer and stronger fingernails while using Monistat?
    nope, this was mentioned before (but I can't remember if it was on the original thread, or on this thread...) I haven't noticed longer/stronger fingernails but I have noticed my cuticles are peeling... not sure that has anything to do with the MN though I have started to ensure that I oil my cuticles now... curious