Page 49 of 415 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Length
    22/24.3/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: Monistat... dare we start this again

I just want to add that my scalp is now the healthiest that it has been in forever. I have had sebum issues, dandruff, and sebaceous cysts forming along my hairline (gross I know). I have been embarrassed about that for some time and have tried everything including a dermatologist trying to fix it. I have used prescription poos, oral acne meds, but nothing touched the cysts paticulairly. Somehow, the Monistat has cleared all of that up. I have started to CO which may be helping the pH, but still in 3 weeks time my scalp is entirely different. I am a bit itchy, but learning how to scritch has helped with that! I feel like a new woman! A new woman with an extra inch of hair! Whoohoo!
    That's awesome! I found that Wal-Mart has a 2% for only $4.00 and you get 1.59 ounces. Has anyone found a better price than this?

Length
    25/35/41

Quote Originally Posted by NurseMama View Post
    A new woman with an extra inch of hair! Whoohoo!
    Fantastic growth! Thanks for reporting back in!

Length
    pixie/shldr/?

thanks Golden21 - I did go ahead and buy the 2% and applied it tonight after my shower by just putting a little on my fingertips, rubbing them together and massaging my head, and doing that until I thought I hit my whole head. My hair isn't greasy; it does feel like I have gel or some type of styling product in it. it's been about 30 minutes and my head is tingling a teeny tiny bit. It isn't uncomfortable, just notable.

I haven't decided if I'm going to go ahead and wash my hair tomorrow - I'm going to go read through some of the thread again to see what everyone else is doing.
    I can't wait to see what happens

Length
    shldr/tb/class
    Type
    2c/C/iii

Ok so I'm thinking of starting this up after I take down my microbraids. For those who dilute- what do you use to dilute and at what proportions? How long does a standard tube last?
    Is there an article on this? Can someone write one?

Length
    chin/Bsl/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I put an inch of monistat in 1.5 oz of water. That amount lasts me all week. IIRC, there's enough monistat in each tube to make 4-5 weeks worth.

I got 2 boxes of 4% monistat on ebay for under $10, including shipping.
    *Lady Corylaceæ of the Heavenly Flora in the Order of the Long Haired Knights*

Length
    pixie/27/40
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by NurseMama View Post
    I am having some major itchy scalp issues right now. I am CO, so I wonder if I need to start scritching. Did you find that the Monistat helped with the itchy scalp?
    I definitely have. I also am CO and just have noted that my scalp seems to even have less 'white stuff' come off under my fingernail when I do scratch (on purpose)... in fact, it seems like there's already almost none! Today was my third app and I've noticed that I haven't needed to scratch my scalp at all for the past couple days. It's a nice change!

I haven't noticed any amazing growth yet, but then I'm also purposely not taking any measurements until the beginning of August. That way I can compare my July measurement with that. I don't want to get OCD with measuring.
    First Goal: BSL
    Second Goal: Waist Length
    Third Goal: Classic Length

Length
    shdlr/30.5/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by hazelceleste View Post
    I put an inch of monistat in 1.5 oz of water. That amount lasts me all week. IIRC, there's enough monistat in each tube to make 4-5 weeks worth.

I got 2 boxes of 4% monistat on ebay for under $10, including shipping.
    That is more dilute than I have been doing. I mixed the whole tube with about 4-6oz of water (I can't remeber for sure) in a hair dye bottle.

Do you find that your growth is good with that dilution?

Length
    shdlr/30.5/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Golden21 View Post
    That's awesome! I found that Wal-Mart has a 2% for only $4.00 and you get 1.59 ounces. Has anyone found a better price than this?
    That is great! I will pick some up next trip. Does it have lots of mineral oil like the Dollare General brand or is it more like the regular Monistat? Also, what has your growth been like with the Walmart brand?

Length
    shdlr/30.5/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by morgwn View Post
    I definitely have. I also am CO and just have noted that my scalp seems to even have less 'white stuff' come off under my fingernail when I do scratch (on purpose)... in fact, it seems like there's already almost none! Today was my third app and I've noticed that I haven't needed to scratch my scalp at all for the past couple days. It's a nice change!
    I am not there yet, but my scalp was pretty messed up to start with. I am hopeful though! Thank you so much for answering my question!

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

ok so i dont have time to read through the whole thread.. so what does monistat do?.. how does it work?.. how do i apply it?.. how often do i use it?.. and the big question is how do i avoid embarrassment while buying it when i know quite a few people who work checkout in various stores??.. also which monistat do i use?.. what makes monistat work?
    can i call this classic length