Page 5 of 415 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Posterchild for Monistat
    Length
    1"/26"/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

i have heard of i think it's called caspein cream which is kind like icy/hot but not icy. it is suppose to simulate growth by bringing blood to the scalp for circulation.

i apply my monistat 3x a week w/o washing out. i use a well-rinsed pointed hair dye bottle (or a genric picnic ketchup bottle) to apply straight to my roots while massaging in as i go along.

my mixture is usually about a inch long strip squeeze in the bottle( i just eyeball it) and mix with about 4 table spoons of warm water. shaken together it makes a nice runny cream. i then style as usual.

i know monistat dose not have any mineral oil in it but others do you have to read the ingredients, i found the oil really makes the hair greasy and flat and it also causes pimples around my hair line.
    Last edited by suicides_eve; March 15th, 2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: edit to add
    Makeup Tutorials for the brave and colorful
    View the Monistat Tutorial
    here
    My Hair Blog:
    http://suicideseve.blogspot.com

Ive only used it twice. First time I had horrible headaches, the second time I felt nothing. No shedding what I noticed... Ive been way too lasy to start this all over again incase it dosnt give me great results anyways.. I might start again when Ive got the energy, Im desperate for some hairgrowth now.
    Last edited by MissHair; March 15th, 2008 at 05:17 PM.
    As the saying goes, it pays to be patient!

Length
    12/15/32
    Type
    2b/F/M/i/ii

It's a magic cream - I'm at 21 inches!!!!!!!!!
    If this keeps up I'll reach my goal length in 7 weeks. Many thanks to the brave pioneers at LHC who first posted this.

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Sorry i didn't keep track of the old monistat thread....just wondering....
    Is there a particular brand/type that was favoured? Worked best/easy to apply, etc.
    Like for example "daktarin for athletes foot because it is affordabe and effective( i normally grow 1 inch a month, i now grow 2 inches, and i shed half as much), just mix with olive oil 1/2 1/2 on scalp after wash" - I made that up, it is an example.

Gee it would be nice to grow 2 inches a month! I grow a mere 1/4 inch a month!! ARGH! I shed 165 hairs a day- exessive....so i would like something to help with that and my slow growth. i want to get the best one/most effective/affordable
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Humanist/Procrastinatrix chloeishere's Avatar
    Length
    16nck/~BSL/here!
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Here's my growth post for the month! I'm mostly just going to copy/ paste the relevant bits from my blog here. I started in October. From 16" to 20.25" this month-- 4.25" in 5 months.
    Well, it's the eighteenth, time for my monthly miconazole growth reports. This month was kind of a dissapointment, but I really do think I was getting growth, just maybe not as much length as I'm used to. On the other hand, it definitely feels longer, though-- I can do a hairstyle much more frequently than I was able to before (easy hairstick bun) which shouldn't have been the case if I gained in thickness and length. Or maybe I just got better at doing the bun?
    I also am *this close* to not being able to use my medium flexi-8 for a bun, which shows definite thickness increase, if nothing else.
    I wielded the measuring tape again (god, I hate measuring), and the three most "accurate feeling" measurements (i.e. the ones where the measuring tape didn't move away from my head, the measuring tape didn't slip away from my hairline, etc.) were 20", 20.25", and 20.5". I don't know which is the right one, so I'm going straight down the middle-- 20.25". Not bad considering that I wasn't showing any growth at all for this month a week ago. I guess once a spurt grower, always a spurt grower. Not exceptional growth, but I do think my shorter layers have grown out a bit-- you can check it in the pictures coming up soon. I'm really tired of measuring every month, so I think I might switch from measuring and taking pictures every month, to just taking pictures, and measuring bi-monthly. To save some stress, because I find it a pain in the butt.

Anyway, on to the pictures:
    From the start (16" on here):

From last month:

It seems like my hair is the same length in the monthly comparison, but I think it's because I was holding the camera closer to the mirror in the older shot. It seems longer to me in the newer shot, even though at a quick glance, they look about the same. I compare by how long my hair goes past my shoulders though. Does anyone else think the layers look longer in the newer shot?

Also, I try to wear the same shirt for every length shot, but I've actually been using two because I can never seem to find the one I want-- my favorite shirt that my boyfriend gave me, El Diablo. Instead I was wearing a graphic tee from Aero that's very similar in color, if not in fit, but I can't find either this month, so instead I'm wearing my Moon Kite shirt from threadless. It's a similar fit to the Aero tee, but unfortunately it's black. I just did laundry, so I know the other shirts are somewhere, and clean. So frustrating!

Length
    12/15/32
    Type
    2b/F/M/i/ii

looks longer to me chloeishere!

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Wow that is some growth.
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Looks longer to me too.
    Lady Daeryane Moone of the Silken Sunshine in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    "Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." ~G. K. Chesterton

Length
    12/15/32
    Type
    2b/F/M/i/ii

21.5! Loving this stuff!!!

Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I'm so tempted to try this but I get migraines and am so afraid to trigger one. I have used Monistat the "regular" way as well as taken oral Diflucan with no headaches though. I wonder if this means I won't get headaches if applied topically on my head???
    Lady Daeryane Moone of the Silken Sunshine in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    "Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." ~G. K. Chesterton