Page 50 of 415 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Length
    pixie/shldr/?

Default Re: Monistat... dare we start this again

Squiggyflop, I strongly suggest you read the first few pages - you'll get a lot of your questions answered there. I know it's a little daunting to look at 48 pgs of posts (I know, I did it yesterday!) but it's well worth it. You should also read the archived thread (there's a link a few pages back). It's even longer, but there is a LOT of really good information there. You shouldn't even think about giving this a try until you've read everything.

Well - I can report after my first night - no headaches. I didn't wake up with my hair grown out to my arse, nor did it shed any more than usual (possibly less but I'm not ready to say that with any degree of certainty.)

My goal with this is to get the worst of my bottom layers to jaw length so if I need to do a chop to get rid of them, it'll be long enough to do that and not look odd and then lay off the juice so to speak for a few months before re-evaluating.

I'll report any negative reactions back here, otherwise, I'll just update when I have some growth to report.

update: I gave this experiment up after a few weeks. I don't think it did anything extraordinary for me. I have never had dandruff, don't get any scalp build-up, no cysts, no break outs, nothing. Someone in the archived thread, I think!, suggested that for someone like that, there might not be any results. That was the case with me. (I also think I psyched myself out; I wasn't feeling this treatment as much as I am some of the other new things I've implemented into my routine.)
    Last edited by lawyermom; August 10th, 2008 at 10:51 PM.

Length
    pixie/27/40
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Squiggy, I would agree with lawyermom that you should try and read as much of this thread as possible and at least the first few pages on the archived one. If you're still wanting to give this a whirl, my suggestion would be to order from ebay (if it's possible). That way it's a private purchase and you also get cheaper prices on the Monistat.
    First Goal: BSL
    Second Goal: Waist Length
    Third Goal: Classic Length

Length
    0.5/2/12
    Type
    4b/M/C/ii/iii

I tried it for a month and a half. It did nothing for me.

Type
    1c/M/C/iii

I've been dealing with all kinds of badness the last couple of months and have really stopped taking care of myself the way I had been and really should. Well, today, I glanced at the mirror and realized that my thinning patch is back.

When I was using the cream regularly, the patch filled in and I actually had a line for the part which I hadn't had in eons.

So I picked up some cream today and it'll get applied tonight.

Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Default seeking peer pressure

In an effort to make myself do a better job of self-care, I'm posting this pre-test picture tonight to start things off. The pic is from the web cam on my new computer and it's the first web cam pic I've ever taken, but it should work great to help me monitor growth. Somehow though, I just don't see the Apple dude promoting that benefit!

I did apply the cream just before taking the pic hence the more-greasy-than-usual look. And I'm sure the pretty closely positioned Ott light doesn't help.

Length
    BSL/MBSL/WL
    Type
    2c/F/i

Is Monistat suitable for every one???I hope it doesn't have any side effects? My hair is thin-especially from the front!!! Will Monistat help there?

Who is an ideal candidate for MS?

I am an Asian-an Indian, will MN work for me too?
    Last edited by Eboshi; July 25th, 2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: separate posts not required

Length
    21/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    My take on the monistat is that if you are prone to fungal infections it can help hair growth by clearing that up.
    I have a history of very slow growing hair, and also a history of fungal infection of all kinds(probably due to antibiotic use for chronic sinus infections).
    Over the last 10-15 years I have had fungal related fingernail infections, skin infections, oral thrush, and vaginal yeast infections. I have also suspected that I had systemic and scalp fungal issues.
    I believe that it can encourage more growth for me by clearing the fungus up. Not sure if it would make any difference for someone without these health issues.
    It definately makes my fingernails grow faster, but the jury is still out on the hair.
    Just a thought ( I have been kinda obsessing over this for awhile now) but do you think that the above is why some people have great results and some dont see any?
    Possibly a undiagnosed fugal or border line fungal reaction? My scalp is forever itchy and has seborrheic cysts that my doc says to ignore they aren't dangerous but I cant stop itching them......... Fungal? They did seem to clear up some in the one month I tried this also I got a inch of growth. Otherwise I see "maybe" a 1/4 inch a month some months none.
    Could it be that the people who aren't seeing any more growth dont have the fungal problem that most people have innately? Or is it the other way around only a few have the problem we just talk more? LOL

I hadn't seen a response to this yet and wanted it to still be open to discussion.
    Lady Aerdrie Fænya of the Sheltered Grove in the Order of the Long Haired Knights"If you are walking through Hell.... Keep walking" W. Churchill "Patiently waiting to be whole again."...me

Length
    21/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Jasmine19 I think If you have a problem with thinning and dont mind trying strange things Monistat is for you.
    the generic gives me a headache, but that is the only side effect I have gotten other then a lighter pocket book. I am going to try the dollar general athlete's foot cream. It has another fugal ingredient other then monistat that some people had talked about earlier in the thread I will get back on Mon. with the names. It was only $2.00 at dollar gen though and I thought if it doesnt work I am only out $2.00 but if it does then whoopie!!! big savings
    Lady Aerdrie Fænya of the Sheltered Grove in the Order of the Long Haired Knights"If you are walking through Hell.... Keep walking" W. Churchill "Patiently waiting to be whole again."...me

Length
    BSL/MBSL/WL
    Type
    2c/F/i

Thanks Naturechild!! I do get fungal infections on my skin!!! And I feel like itching also! I hope you read my previous post about being an Indian, am I still eligible??!!

Length
    chin/Bsl/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by NurseMama View Post
    That is more dilute than I have been doing. I mixed the whole tube with about 4-6oz of water (I can't remeber for sure) in a hair dye bottle.

Do you find that your growth is good with that dilution?
    Actually, the dilution is about the same. By the time I use up a whole tube, I've gone through about 6 ounces of water. I just prefer not to mix it all at once, since I'm not sure if it will go bad or not. Does anyone even know how long diluted monistat can sit at room temperature without spoiling? Surely, it will go bad if I mix up a whole tube (4 weeks worth) at once, right?

I find that I get good growth with that dilution- maybe 1/4 to 1/2" extra each month. And more importantly, my scalp is much less gunky and itchy. I'm using the 4% though, so I'm not sure if the 2% would be strong enough to work at that dilution.
    *Lady Corylaceæ of the Heavenly Flora in the Order of the Long Haired Knights*