Page 52 of 415 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Length
    BSL/MBSL/WL
    Type
    2c/F/i

Default Re: Monistat... dare we start this again

Can Monistat help in controlling hormone related hair loss???

Length
    25/35/41

I don't know if Monistat can help with hormone related hair loss. I can't even say if it really increasing the overall length of the hair as I find it hard to apply it properly at the back of my head. My hair was becoming disturbingly thin at the crown and using Datkerine Cream (as Monistat is not available in Australia) definitely has made the crown of my head thicker and I am growing baby hairs galore. In fact, some of my baby hairs are more than an inch now since I have been using it. For that reason alone, I will continue.

Length
    BSL/MBSL/WL
    Type
    2c/F/i

30isthenewblack even my hair is thinning at the crown!!!! OMG its so disturbing!!!! and this is goign on from the past 10 years.....the only thing is after trying MN today for the first time i feel heaviness in my head, and some irritation/itchiness in my eye!

Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Jasmine, I do try to make sure that while I'm applying the cream I don't get it anywhere near my eyes. I just suspect that it would be irritating but that feeling's not based on anything.

I haven't noticed a faster rate of growth thought I had started applying the cream all over right before I jumped off the wagon. I did see new growth in thinned out areas and that was good enough for me.

I had previously used the 2% and this time around I'm trying the 4%.

I don't think we've come to any consensus on why/how monistat makes a difference on some people's scalps. I always thought my thinning was do to age rather than hormones though I know stress plays a role too.

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

ok, you ladies have sold me.... i'm gonna do this. of course, i'm incredilby embarrassed about buying itchy hoo-hah cream (like a few have already mentioned), never having had one, blah blah blah...

so i have a game plan. i'm gonna buy A LOT of it. like maybe 20 boxes. then just tip the basket onto the counter. total poker face. if the sales person gives me a look, i'll just look them straight in the eye and say "i'm an elephant handler :|"

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Length
    shdlr/30.5/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bene View Post
    so i have a game plan. i'm gonna buy A LOT of it. like maybe 20 boxes. then just tip the basket onto the counter. total poker face. if the sales person gives me a look, i'll just look them straight in the eye and say "i'm an elephant handler :|"

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

I shot water out of my nose with that one... Thanks!

Length
    25/35/41

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine19 View Post
    30isthenewblack even my hair is thinning at the crown!!!! OMG its so disturbing!!!! and this is goign on from the past 10 years.....the only thing is after trying MN today for the first time i feel heaviness in my head, and some irritation/itchiness in my eye!
    Irritation in your eye? Did you accidentally touch your eye before washing your hands? I've heard some people get headaches from using MN. If the headaches persist, you might have to give it a miss but it certainly seems to be given people good results. Report back to the post and let us know how you go
    Last edited by 30isthenewblack; July 29th, 2008 at 05:30 AM. Reason: spelling error :-)

Length
    short/32.5/35
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I read a few posts about monistat and I see it has given people growth and thats good, then I looked it up on google and am I right in thinking that you're using thrush cream on your head? also if thats what it is how can it be good for you to use it regularly?? sorry if I missed anything but my concentration is still suffering.
    Lady Leporidę of Caerbannog in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    pixie/27/40
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Yes, bunnii, it is a medication cream for getting rid of yeast and fungus. Here in the UK we get the ingredients of Monistrat in a foot fungus cream: Daktarin. My suggestion for learning how it works would be to read through this thread and, if you have the time, at least the beginning bits of the archive thread.
    First Goal: BSL
    Second Goal: Waist Length
    Third Goal: Classic Length

Length
    BSL/MBSL/WL
    Type
    2c/F/i

Guys I dunno why but yesterday till some time I felt a bit of a strain and itchy feeling(I should say) in my right eye!!! This eye is the one which has .50 power

Today in the morning also inthe same eye I felt a bit of pain and lil strain When I wore my glasses it was okay and went off!!!!! I hope MN works well for me, cause i need ome growth!!!!!