Page 61 of 415 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Default one month update

Here's my 1 month update. I've been using the cream full strength, just on the spot on the part that's more round than straight and narrow along with 2 spots on the temple that's covered by longer hair. More often then not, I end up applying 4 out of 7 days for no valid reason other than forgetfulness or being too tired/lazy. I see enough difference to keep my going.
    a month ago: today:

Sorry for the uneven sizes. I'm only taking pics of this one spot as it's easier to photograph, but seems to be as effective on the other spots too.

Length
    shdlr/30.5/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Default Re: one month update

Quote Originally Posted by banglaminerva View Post
    Here's my 1 month update. I've been using the cream full strength, just on the spot on the part that's more round than straight and narrow along with 2 spots on the temple that's covered by longer hair. More often then not, I end up applying 4 out of 7 days for no valid reason other than forgetfulness or being too tired/lazy. I see enough difference to keep my going.

Sorry for the uneven sizes. I'm only taking pics of this one spot as it's easier to photograph, but seems to be as effective on the other spots too.
    Wow! I can really see a difference! That is incredible difference with only a month!
    Just keep growing....

Length
    BSL/MBSL/WL
    Type
    2c/F/i

Default Re: one month update

Congrats, that you benefitted by using the cream!!! I also saw growth, but I am shedding hair big time!! Even when I apply very less cream and dilute it too!

I wish anyone could tell me the reason for that.
    Jasmine

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Monistat... dare we start this again

Okay, I bought a tube of this stuff, only to apply it about twice. I think I'm ready to do it again.

But can you CO it out? When I did it before, I was still using shampoo. And I'm remembering something about a sulfur rinse I did with eggs, but I'm not sure exactly how I did it before. XD

I didn't notice any new growth, but uh, that's because I only did it for a week. How often do you guys do it?
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    20/24/30
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I started this about a week ago. I use the 4% cream that comes in the Monistat 3 day packs. They are pre-filled applicators. I use about an inch and mix it with a couple drops of water so it's slightly runny and then massage it in the night before I wash. This results in a treatment 3x a week. I have not had any headaches or other such side effects to date. I'll post my results after the month is up!

Type
    1c/M/C/iii

I've noticed a bit more shedding lately, but I'm thinking it might be a seasonal shed as the weather is starting to turn cool here. The last seasonal shed I lost a lot of my thickness and I almost wish that I'd been applying Monistat to my whole head. I have been wearing my hair up more often then not and am trying to braid every night, so I'm hoping that the shed won't be as bad as the last one.

Jasmine, when you rub the cream in, how vigorously so you rub? I realized that I was probably being a bit too rough and could have been breaking my hair. I figured that using the cream either straight or watered still left damp hair and I needed to treat it gently.

Length
    BSL/MBSL/WL
    Type
    2c/F/i

I've noticed a bit more shedding lately, but I'm thinking it might be a seasonal shed as the weather is starting to turn cool here. The last seasonal shed I lost a lot of my thickness and I almost wish that I'd been applying Monistat to my whole head. I have been wearing my hair up more often then not and am trying to braid every night, so I'm hoping that the shed won't be as bad as the last one.

Jasmine, when you rub the cream in, how vigorously so you rub? I realized that I was probably being a bit too rough and could have been breaking my hair. I figured that using the cream either straight or watered still left damp hair and I needed to treat it gently.

Ya, I am a lil rough in applying the cream....so will try to go slow...also I am using a generic Indian Miconazole, dunno if it is strong or what! Coz Indian medis are stronger then the ones we get here!

But that really surprises me!!! It was never like that, on the other hand I feel that most of the people benefit from MN so why am I having this pro!!!?
    Jasmine

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

I've been doing this on my eyebrows too. They were getting pretty bad from overplucking. Happy to say that they have filled in very nicely using an antifungal cream on them! I would have never thought to try that had I not seen this thread here!

Length
    shdlr/30.5/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Sometimes (reading through the thread to find info here), the shedding can be because you were using the MN regularly and then don't use as much or stop using completely. The MN seems to inhibit shedding while you are using it, so essentially the follicles are catching up...
    Just keep growing....

Length
    22/23/30
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Sorry if this has already been asked, I didn't have time to read all 51 pages
    How does Monistat effect colour treated and highlighted hair?

I put my first treatment on last night and just wanted to double check it wasn't going to mess up my colour.