Page 9 of 415 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

I tried this for a week a while ago and did notice that my roots seemed to be showing more((it's kinda hard to tell since my hair is reddish/light brown and my roots are dirty blonde, it kinda blends))

What I did was I bought the pre-filled applicators of Monistat 4%, and then a big tube of cheap personelle brand 2% cream. I mix a decent amount of the 2% with a few drops of emu and tea tree oil, then I add a small glob of the 4% for extra strength and massage that all over my scalp. I put it on before bed, wear it for work the following day, then shower it out when I get home. It seemed to have been working but I did feel those headaches coming around.

I had to stop because I ran out and didn't have the funds to go buy more, but next week I think i'll start again for two weeks straight and see what happens! I'll keep you guys updated.

Type
    1c/M/ii

I used generic Monistat [ijust on my bangs[/i] for the first month after I butchered them. They were up to the first third of my forehead-- had to wear a wide elastic band to hold them back and hide them. Anyway, they were almost to my eyebrows by the end of that month. They have never grown that fast. Guess I'll start using it all over since you guys reminded me. I'm gonna have some long summer hair.
    Maybe my worst haircut ever.
    Cleaned up and collar length by Christmas

Length
    21/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Talking Okay I am jumping on board

I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks and decided to just go for it. I bought the rite-aid brand with pre-filled monistat 4% applicators. The kit also included a 2% small tube. I applied it on Fri. March 21 via a small squeeze bottle. Warm water and 1 4% pre-filled tube. The warm water felt great and I could tell exactly wear I had already put it. I left it in untill untill Sun. night. Mon. Night I applied it the same way a 1" squeeze of the 2% though. I washed that out Tues. night. I usually have extremaly bad migraines but not a one with this, I did try to avoid one with ALOT of fresh air. I am planning to do this for one month (3 times a week) one with 4% and 2 w/2%. I started at 27 inches (measured right before I put the potion on) I hope to see better growth keep your fingers crossed.

OOO yeah I forgot to mention! I massage my scalp for a good long time!! I think the key may be in the combination!? I think I remember reading someone had better results from a straight cream application. Do you think that could be because you have to massage it in more?
    I also am TRYING to massaging my scalp every night (hopeing my BF will take over that chore for me).

BTW what happened to our old signiture pictures?
    Lady Aerdrie Fænya of the Sheltered Grove in the Order of the Long Haired Knights"If you are walking through Hell.... Keep walking" W. Churchill "Patiently waiting to be whole again."...me

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

This is starting to really tempt me. While other lengths are "might be nice, might be too much to deal with," I really want to hit tailbone. (And I have a big bum, so tailbone's going to take a while.)

I suppose I should start taking weekly measurements for a month for a baseline first, then start, huh?
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    24/27/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Anje, your idea of a baseline sounds very scientific. I don't think I want to wait another month to start this up again, but I would like to compare my success with a baseline.

Hello everyone,
    Im new to this site and this is my first post. I would love to try this MN method but was a bit concerned when I read a warning against using Daktarin on the hair. No matter how carefully I would apply the cream to my scalp only, Im sure some would get onto my hair. I just want to give my growth a boost.......its usually so slow.
    The ladies on this site seem to have had amazing results using this product and I was wondering if anyone knows why this warning exists and how I could best avoid getting it on my hair? Thanks, Iona

Length
    19"/23"/30" ?
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

This is my second day applying the moni, I havent had any side affect except for maybe a Little Little slight itch here and there. But for the most part it is to soon to tell anything with growth. This time I applyed it after I washed my hair it was wet, with my finger tips and massage it in for a while.
    Chopped my hair off a couple months ago, after having it for 8 years. On to the growing process once again! Here we go!!!

Length
    15"/16"/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I think I might want to try this. Im just wondering, how exactly do you mix it up? Isnt it a solid? Or are you all using a cream? (sorry if its a stupid question)

I HATE

Length
    16/55/?
    Type
    1b/F/i

I'm really interested in trying this and started to read the old thread but only got through the first page or so before LHC went down so I thought I'd ask some questions here instead. Hope you don't mind (as I'm sure all my questions were covered in the old thread).

First, does it have to be Monistat or would any cream with Miconazole Nitrate do? (We don't have Monistat over here.)
    What bad effects are there? I've heard of head aches and itches but are there others too?
    What has given the best results: Applying the cream as it is or mixed with warm water/oil/something else?

TIA

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I just bought some daktarin and i'm curious as to why there is a warning against this too, where did you hear about the warning?
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?