Thread: Length Chart

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Length Chart

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Length Chart

From the Glossary of LHC Terms and Abbreviations, originally written by PrincessBob:

Body Marker DESCRIPTION
    Buzz An amusing way of denoting baldness or shavedness of one’s head. AKA: Scalp length.
    Ear Length Short, maybe styled as an ultra short bob, pixie cut or a grown-out high and tight, or any number of other styles. The point is their ears are being brushed by their longer hairs, and nothing else really is.
    Chin Length Short, often a bob, but many other styles result in hair which, at its longer points, is even with the chin.
    Shoulder Length Intro to what the world calls “long hair,” hair that brushes their shoulders and can often be styled and or pulled back in some way.
    Arm Pit Length APL This indicates that your hair is below your sternum, and equal or longer than the point where your arms meet your body.
    Mid Back Length MBL Locate MBL by wrapping a towel, measuring tape, bra, etc around your torso just below your pectoral muscles/above your diaphragm (which ever is easier to identify), this will show you where MBL lands on your back.
    Bra-Strap Length BSL Same location as MBL.
    Waist Length Your hair is somewhere mid-back where your middle dips in at its smallest, often around or a little above the location of your belly button on the front.
    Hip Length ETA: pretty self explanatory... I think. ETA: great debates persist whether this is the top of the hip bone (iliac crest) or the wide part of the hips. The top of the hip bone is used to measure hair, the wide part of the hips is used for clothing measurements.
    Butt Crack Length BCL The top of the crack.
    Tail Bone Length TBL Bottom of the tailbone.
    Classic Hair is level or longer than the point where your legs meet your tuchus/bum/backside. You would sit on your hair if you sat straight down and or scooted back.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*