Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Got security warning message about LHC today

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Got security warning message about LHC today

Quote Originally Posted by GordonMurphella View Post
    It's just an expired certificate. You can get in (I'm on Firefox on a laptop) by ignoring the flaming warnings Thank you mods etc. for keeping this place running. A little tech burp every now and then is expected and understood.
    It's been like this a couple times already. Those of us who have been around are kinda used to it by now. And I seem to remember that one time I think either Stephanie or the mods clearly said the certificate was *there*, paid for, and it still gave warnings. So yeah, just get past the warnings, if you are a little computer savvy it's no issue. But I do understand warnings like the one Firefox threw at me (my God!) are scary for most.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I usually access LHC at work and unfortunately they have a security web filter that won't allow me to bypass the warning . So I haven't been on as much as usual at all.

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Weirdly, while it's constantly throwing up messages anytime I try to do anything from my laptop, it warned me once on the iphone, and then it's been fine via mobile.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Thank goodness! I've had this LHC "itch" that I've not been able to scratch... AND SO MUCH TO BLOG ABOUT!!! I was so confused for like a week, then I finally mentioned to DH tonight and he got it to work *sigh*

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
    I usually access LHC at work and unfortunately they have a security web filter that won't allow me to bypass the warning . So I haven't been on as much as usual at all.
    It was also pretty difficult for me to log on today, especially because I have extra security features I use (i.e. VPN) I thought the LHC shut down, it looked so glitchy and messed up! Glad it's still fine though.

--

Until it's updated though, I highly recommend making sure your password here is unrelated to all of your other ones, so that if this site (which *currently* does not have today's standard of protection as it's not encrypted) gets hacked/things are leaked, your information won't get you in trouble outside of just here/this account.

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    It was also pretty difficult for me to log on today, especially because I have extra security features I use (i.e. VPN) I thought the LHC shut down, it looked so glitchy and messed up! Glad it's still fine though.

--

Until it's updated though, I highly recommend making sure your password here is unrelated to all of your other ones, so that if this site (which *currently* does not have today's standard of protection as it's not encrypted) gets hacked/things are leaked, your information won't get you in trouble outside of just here/this account.
    This has me wondering if it is safe to use the site until certificate is fixed after all... and I changed my password just in case, although unrelated to others, though it´s kind of useless now I guess...

Type
    2a/C/iii

LHC is safe to use.

LHC migrated to a secure connection a few years ago because secure connections became the norm. Pretty much all sites have done this regardless of whether they need high security.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

It's starting to get really annoying having the warning pop up every time I try to post it's why my activity has reduced. along with the image issues maybe it's time to consider a new place to host LHC?

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by EdG View Post
    LHC is safe to use.

LHC migrated to a secure connection a few years ago because secure connections became the norm. Pretty much all sites have done this regardless of whether they need high security.
    Ed
    Thanks Ed. I investigated this also but am no techie so kept quiet (unusual for me, eh?).

This site has remained friendly and safe (not to mention free) for years and years and years and I for one belay any minor temporary "annoyance" as it seems ungrateful. Just my humble, annoying opinion.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Calling people who are annoyed having every single page load/post go through two extra steps Ungrateful is a bit mean?
    The issue is almost making the site unusable. It clearly shows alot are put off by it.
    Activity seems to have been halved ever since it started
    Last edited by Bat; October 10th, 2023 at 02:21 AM.