Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No trimming 2024! First half only!

Length
    buzz/HL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: No trimming 2024! First half only!

I'll join!
    I used Feye's method to self-trim my hair for the first time last night. I'm still hip length! The plan is to S&D as much as I need to from now until January, then see how long I can go without it until I need to do it again. I'm hoping I won't need to touch scissors again until the challenge ends!

Length
    2/8/24
    Type
    4c/M/ii/iii

I’m in as well. Last year I had a series of mishaps with different hairstylists. Each time I went to a new one they wanted to trim to fix the mistakes of the previous one. I think I’m done with trims for a while.

I'm in, I think I'll end up trimming at the end of May, but this challenge will keep me motivated to keep on growing.

Length
    21.5/23.5/35
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Joining in, my last trim will be next week. Was tempted to join the no trim 2024 but don't want to lose a blunt hemline. Or risk getting a lot of split ends and end up losing all that growth.

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

Quote Originally Posted by vanillacake View Post
    Joining in, my last trim will be next week. Was tempted to join the no trim 2024 but don't want to lose a blunt hemline. Or risk getting a lot of split ends and end up losing all that growth.
    You mean s&d is not allowed for the "No trim 2024"?
    It is for this challenge at least.
    Mistä nyt silloin en luopuiskaan, jos vain saisin olla kanssa sinun
    Jospa sä soisitkin vain hymyn mulle

🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    21.5/23.5/35
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

S&D is allowed for the no trim 2024. It’s just that my hair seems to split easily once it gets past APL and I am not sure if it could withstand a year without a trim. Even now I have splits above my hemline, and I can’t get them all with S&D, so I’d rather trim than go shorter. I’m new to LHC, so hoping to learn more about hair care and preventing split ends.

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

Quote Originally Posted by vanillacake View Post
    S&D is allowed for the no trim 2024. It’s just that my hair seems to split easily once it gets past APL and I am not sure if it could withstand a year without a trim. Even now I have splits above my hemline, and I can’t get them all with S&D, so I’d rather trim than go shorter. I’m new to LHC, so hoping to learn more about hair care and preventing split ends.
    Ah, I see. Yes, I see why that might be a problem.
    Welcome to the forums, and I'm sure you’ll learn á lot about haircare here.
    Mistä nyt silloin en luopuiskaan, jos vain saisin olla kanssa sinun
    Jospa sä soisitkin vain hymyn mulle

🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    buzz/knee+/calf
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Ohhhhhh I might have to sign myself up for this, it's been a few years since I've participated in a no trim challenge but I think now could be a good time to do it again even though I bet it will be difficult to resist micro trimming a few times since that's what I've been doing for a little bit now. I had a mishap with a leaf blower and had to cut off about 3 inches of hair in November which sucked because I was like an inch or two away from my final goal length at that time. But doing this challenge would get me right back to where I was at before.....
    Current length: Knee+ at 56"! Next milestone is my final goal length: Upper Calf at 57-58"!
    Buzzed my head in 2010. Joined here and have been growing from Waist length at 28" since 2016

I’m in too!

Length
    10.88/10.88/37
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

I joined the no trim 2024 challenge and am going to join this one too. I may have to do a very small micro trim mid year due to my ends being damaged from bleaching over henna. I’ve cut most of it off and don’t see any splits at the moment by there’s a few inches of henna/repeatedly bleached hair on the longer half of my hair so we shall see how it goes. K18 def worked some miracles on my hair … haha