I'm here because of Katherine Sewing's youtube videos on historical hair care. She is currently doing a historical hair growth challenge this month and I am going to give natural hair care a go. I did a big chop July 23 donating 16 inches to wigs for kids. I was 4 months postpartum and the dreaded hair loss was starting so I made an emotional decision lol I enjoyed the shoulder length hair for about 24hrs and then decided I am not a short haired girl. I had hopes to to try 1940s styles. I'm a wavy haired girl and just adore vintage waves. However, I have thick hair and no time or patience to really to set my hair in rollers. I often wonder if that kind of styling may cause damage to hair in the long run. Anyway, So I am back on my hair growth journey. Id like to get back to classical at the least and see how long I can go maybe knee length. I came across Katherine's videos detailing her natural hair care routine. I never heard of Clay washing and apple cider vinegar rinses. It's so fascinating to learn about how women past generations cared for their hair. I'm excited to be more active online here and learn all I can to grow long and healthy hair.