Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
Welcome to the forum. You might like looking at a member's grandmother's recipes and haircare. I've always loved going over that thread here.

Historical hair care is so interesting although I'm pretty sure my hair would hate not having conditioner. But, I try to incorporate what works for me like stretching washes and using a finer comb to get out gunk. Have you seen any of Longhaired Flapper's recipes or Snappy Dragon's historical hair experiments (both on YouTube). I recommend them.
I briefly looked at it and can't wait to dive in. I'm fascinated by all things historical and actually just finished watching one of Snappy Dragon's videos. I will have to check out Long-haired Flappers channel too. Thanks for the recommendations. I have finer to medium hair that tends to be more on the oily side. I tried a clay wash and acv rinse this weekend. Suffice to say my hair felt so weighed down and not clean I caved and had to wash and condition my hair last night lol I'm thinking my technique was off and am willing to give it a try again. Katherine does mention a natural conditioner brand she recommends for those who still like to use it. I realize it's not one size fits all. Cheers to the journey of incorporating practices of the past that work for us!