Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi, I'm new!

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Default Re: Hi, I'm new!

Quote Originally Posted by mclark View Post
    Oh... my... gosh... Someone actually replied to my hair question! I don't mean to get all dramatic, but I've had very bad luck with in-person and online communications about the subject of hair being accidentally pulled out. Usually, I end up being called a compulsive hairpuller or accused of suffering from "Trichotillomania." Long story short, I was diagnosed with skin cancer on my scalp about five years ago and have some pretty bad scarring from surgeries. I worried about trying to keep the hair I have. Anyway, thank you so much for the reply, and I hope to hear from you again soon. This is not only cathartic but also a relief, knowing I'm not alone in this "involuntary hair removal" situation.

By the way, it was definitley pulled out. In actual fact, I had just poured some milk into a glass and when I screwed the cap back on, I didn't notice one of my stray hairs trapped under it until I turned my head and... yank.
    No problem! Everyone I've encountered here has been very nice and willing to answer hair related questions about anything. If you use the search function at the top of the page, you can often find threads with answers to questions you may have, and if not, you can start your own thread in the "Mane" forum dedicated to the topic of concern.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Length
    1/18/24
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hi, I'm new!

Thank you for the reply, and I apologize for the late response. I've been busy moving—fun, fun, fun. Anyway, yes, my hair tries to get caught in EVERYTHING, but I have a problem with accidentally pulling it out myself. It will get caught on my finger when repositioning or combing, and one will get pulled out. I can't even get my dermatologist to respond to any of my questions without having to schedule an appointment which my new insurance does not cover. Besides, I'm not looking for medical advice, just a little reassurance that I'm not the only person with stray hairs trying to escape their scalp in the most random and embarrassing ways.

Thanks again.