Quote Originally Posted by Fornarina View Post
Hi Fiorentina, nice and interesting discussion.

I have voted 2 and 3 prongs, because that is, what I use mostly.

But actually I see it like @neko_kawaii, it depends on the hair style and the length of the prongs. I have Forks from 2-6 prongs and I have hairstyles working for every of them. With more prongs, you have to make more preparations to give each tine its proper bed to snug into. For this sake, I use to feather up the loops, if they are only two of them, that every tine gets its own loop when being inserted and coming out again. So you avoid having very wide stretched loops, who have to contain all the prongs at once. With this method you also can use two-prong forks, where the prongs are very much apart from each other.

If I don't want to make such preparation efforts, I just choose one tine to hold/thread up the loop and one to get out of the loop on the other side. It doesn't have to be necessarily the same tine for both sides. The rest of the tines just go into the loop somewhere and comes out somewhere without special finger guidance.

regards
Fornarina
Thank you, Fornarina, for your explanations and pictorial descriptions. That sounds very interesting to me.
Personally, I always place the prongs in the bun based on how I think they are needed for a nice hold and it looks lovely too. This procedure works very well for me.
The reason why I don't use forks with more than 4 prongs is that forks with 5 or more prongs are not pleasing me with the allover appearance as a fork. I truly don’t like them at all and so I don't bring them into my buns.
Regards
Fiorentina