Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Securing hair when you have treatments/dye/whatever in it for hours/overnight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    ?/37/46
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Securing hair when you have treatments/dye/whatever in it for hours/overnight

I've never used henna, but I will oil my hair overnight before wash day, and I'll oil it and then braid it into pigtails, then wrap the pigtails around my head, cover it in saran/plastic/cling wrap, then put a gaiter and my haircap over top. It's a little clunky to get on but works pretty well. I don't know if the braids would work for dye. It might make it uneven.

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Securing hair when you have treatments/dye/whatever in it for hours/overnight

i usually don't have long hair treatments, but when I oil my hair, I use a hair tie and a hairclip. When I use a creamy texture treatment, only the hairclip with a plastic cap.

Length
    Hip/Ftl/Knee
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

I recently dyed my hair with box dye and I let them down... I wore a plastic poncho to protect the clothes.
    For henna I do three cinnamon buns on the very top of my head, they stay in places on their own if I donīt move my head much. Sometimes I do a single big bun right in the centre. I put a shower cup on thatīs obviously not covering all the hair and use a saran wrap to cover the lower part of my head. To complete it all I use a small towel the ones made to turban your hair with the little elastic to close it.