Thread: Kristin Ess Hair Gloss

Length
    2/4/22
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Default Kristin Ess Hair Gloss

I was curious about trying a clear gloss on my hair, but it seems like most of them are just deep conditioners by another name. But then I looked at the Kristin Ess Signature Hair Gloss because I noticed it has an activator, even for the clear color. The activator contains hydrogen peroxide as the second ingredient.

The instructions say to mix the activator with the gloss, so I'm guessing the hydrogen peroxide gets pretty diluted. At least diluted enough that it won't lighten the hair, since the color is supposed to be clear, right? Would this still be damaging for hair? Or does a small amount of hydrogen peroxide help the conditioning ingredients work on the hair?

https://www.ulta.com/p/signature-hai...78?sku=2579379

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Kristin Ess Hair Gloss

Hm, I'm actually not sure but I'd love to know since I've looked at that gloss once or twice.

My gut instinct tells me to avoid hydrogen peroxide, but I wonder if it's there to help the gloss stick, so to speak. Again, I'm not sure, so this is just speculation.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I think it may be a semi or demi, only those need developer, and hydrogen peroxide is developer. How long does it say it lasts in the hair? 8 washings? 8 weeks? It has to say somewhere on there!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    2/4/22
    Type
    1b/F/iii

4-6 weeks. That's what's strange, it does come in semi-permanent colors but it also has a clear option that doesn't deposit color, but the clear still has the activator/developer! Very confusing. 😵*💫

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by dancedance View Post
    4-6 weeks. That's what's strange, it does come in semi-permanent colors but it also has a clear option that doesn't deposit color, but the clear still has the activator/developer! Very confusing. ��*��
    Not strange one bit. That is a semi permanent hair color, often they refer to these as a "gloss". If you don't want dye in your hair: stay away. There are plenty of options out there that do not need developer!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)