Page 103 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 353931011021031041051131532036031103 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 17394

Thread: The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The Flexi-8 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by juliaxena View Post
    I hope its just a difference in perspective and not my screen, because I like what I see in your photo. It looks great on you.
    Thank you. Maybe the color is just not my taste. Or well, if you order one, I hope you like it better.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Account Closed by Member Request

My flexis came in the mail today! YAY! I just hope my MIL likes hers and that it actually fits her! My BF complained that the small wouldn't fit her hair because I think he might be overestimating how much hair she has. I asked my MIL myself about her hair and she told me that her ponytail used to be as thick as my BF's, but it had drastically thinned to about 1/3 or 1/2 of his.

Since my boyfriend's ponytail is only a little bigger in circumference than mine, I decided to get a Small rather than a Medium. My BF complained that the Small wouldn't fit even after I told him this. . . I think it's because both he and my MIL have coarser and curlier hair (about 2b/2c-ish) than mine, so it simply looks like she still has a good amount of hair. I'm going by what my MIL told me because it's her hair and she knows how much she has. And honestly, just because something is labeled Small doesn't mean one has thin hair. I've seen people on the thicker side of average wearing the Small (myself included).

Now, I discovered that I am versatile with Flexi 8 sizes. The Small can fit my ponytail, but so can the Medium! The Extra Small won't even fit my ponytail (my hair eats it!) but is nice for a smaller half up, but I can also wear the Small in a bigger half-up! I can wear a peacock twist with both the Small (which I think is due to the layering and the tapering that it's causing) and the Medium. As for my buns. . . well, they ate the Medium. I'm suspecting that I will need a Large and an Extra Large once my ends start to thicken up and my hair gets longer.

Now I have an interesting situation. Both the Small and the Medium fit my ponytail well. The problem is that BOTH of the like to slide out of my hair! The Small is tighter than the Medium, but they slip out of my hair at the same rate! I'm not sure what to do about this! What's even funnier is that the Small doesn't slip out of my hair when it's in a half-up, but it slips right out when in a ponytail.
    Last edited by MissManda; December 24th, 2009 at 08:54 PM.

Length
    26.5"/46.5"/...."
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

I got this through today http://www.flexi8.com/0953.html
    can't do much with it except for pony tail which is pretty snug and a half up

i size of it is just so cute (small). It dwarfs next to the XL flex-8.

Length
    bob/MB/WL
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rach View Post

Those are all very pretty!

Lady Tangocurl of the Scepter-Twined Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    Currently BSL in the back when stretched, and a couple inches shy of BSL in the front. Very basic 3a. No cones. No heat styling.

Length
    27.17/29.3/37.8
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

oooh, it looks so pretty in your hair!
    the green..

my youtube-channel (take a look )

Length
    12/25/Knee
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

Rach, the green looks so good with your red hair. I love the multi colored too....would match anything you wear. I use the small for half ups and ponytails too.

Before my big chop 2 years ago.....would have been to classic or fingertip by now. Well growing again....

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by rach View Post

Wow, those look great in your hair! They go with the color (which I love, by the way) very well!

We have just opened our presents. Flexis hold much more hair than I expected - when I received them I was worried Large might be too small for updos, but it's actually too big for me now. I'll post a photo tomorrow.

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Rach, forgot to say - about the snugness - if you flex it further (to be secured on the middle ridge or most inner ridge) it's less snug.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Length
    26.5"/46.5"/...."
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_234 View Post
    Rach, forgot to say - about the snugness - if you flex it further (to be secured on the middle ridge or most inner ridge) it's less snug.
    that's what i've had to do.....
    i do like those notches