Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Using Indian Herbs and Oils to grow, Grow, GROW!

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Using Indian Herbs and Oils to grow, Grow, GROW!

Quote Originally Posted by Hala View Post
    Oh, I'm glad I found this thread! I've become quite an amla-head, although I don't use the other herbs very much. I'll be reading with interest.
    How do you use amla?
    I read before it enhances moisture and strength of the hair.If i do it as final hair rinse,should I leave it in or rinse it out?

Cool Re: Using Indian Herbs and Oils to grow, Grow, GROW!

I love using Mahabhringraj oil-Great for shedding..

Mustard oil-For extra strength & its sulfur content/extra shine it adds to the hair...

Brahmi oil-For its thickening,strengthen abilities/I apply it to my scalp...

Sesame seed oil-Detangleing,softening & sealing in moisture....

JBCO-Smooths out my hair & aids in thickening the roots...

Hibiscus powder-For adding strength & its detangleing properties to my conditioners...(leaving a soft highlight)

Happy Hair Growing!

Length
    BSL/waist/term!
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra18 View Post
    How do you use amla?
    I read before it enhances moisture and strength of the hair.If i do it as final hair rinse,should I leave it in or rinse it out?
    I use it a few different ways. My hair loves it. I have a huge amount of powdered amla. I'll add it henna, often. I add it to SMTs and other moisture treatments.

My favorite way though: I'll just mix some amla with hot water until it's a yogurt consistency and wait maybe 1/2 hour, get in the shower and wet my hair, and then slather the hair with the amla paste and put it up on top of my head in a clip. Then I slowly do all the shaving and bath-time pampering I usually never have time for (about 20 minutes or so), rinse the amla, and proceed to shampoo (CV bars) and condition (Aubrey Organics) as usual.

I've found that this is the best way to do it, otherwise it's REALLY hard to get all the amla bits out of the hair. I've had it go through all that and still be coming out in the final ACV rinse!

Like I said, my hair loves amla. It gives me really lovely, thick, shiny hair. However, it ALSO makes my hair very volatile, and gives me a halo of frizzy baby hairs. This is very easily dealt with by using a little bit of camellia oil while styling (a cone serum would probably do the same thing), but just to warn people who try it and then say "amla made my hair frizzy!"

has anyone tried this particular oil? I know it has mineral oil as the second ingredient (most Hesh oils have it as first), but this one has sesame oil as the first so that means there is more sesame oil than mineral oil....and coconut oil and castor come next...not vegetable oil like most of the other Hesh oils. So I'm thinking this oil might be a bit better/different than the other Hesh oils?

I know there is a Bhrigaraj oil without the mineral oil but it is hard to find in the US... and if I do find it I'm worried I might like it and then not be able to find it again, lol.. the other one above seems more & easily available.

Length
    TWA/BSL/Wl
    Type
    3c/F/M/iii

You hair look so full and healthy, beautifull.

I have a question: I use a mix of neem (3.5 oz), methi (3.5 oz), Amla (3.5 oz), hibiscus (4 oz) and soapnuts. All the herbs are mixed together in a jar and I make a tea of the mixture using 1 quart of water, 1 tablespoon of the herbal mix and one soapnut. I use a tea because I had locs (dreadlocks) and want to avoid the plant pieces getting caught up in my locs.

This is my question- How long do you think I should leave the tea in my hair before rinsing? I oil my hair the night before using Vatika oil and an oil mix I made (castor oil infused with the above mentioned herbal mix minus the soapnut, mustard seed oil, a little olive oil and vitamin E oil)

TIA for your suggestions.

Length
    15/apl/Waist

I have a amla powder sample, I was thinking of using mixed in with conditioner. I'm hoping for moisturizing and wave enhancing help. If I mix the amla with filtered water leave for 15 mins then mix into conditioner, use after first co wash, and leave for a 10mins on hair. Would this be of any benefit for what I'm aiming for? Please help

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

It seems like the benefits of washing/rinsing with herbs are wonderful, but doesn't this get a lil pricey??

Quote Originally Posted by aaight714 View Post
    It seems like the benefits of washing/rinsing with herbs are wonderful, but doesn't this get a lil pricey??

yes it does get pricey if you have to order online. unless you live close to an Indian store where they sell these herbs cheap and don't have to pay shipping.

Length
    0"/36/40"
    Type
    3b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Beautiful!

The traditional method with Indian washing herbs is to pre oil. And the hibiscus gives extra conditioning, along with the amla.

Gorgeous!
    I am digging this thread out again...haha

this is how I do it and it works fabulous. Whenever I pre-oil my hair dries faster.

I have to say that I only wash my hair every 2 weeks. The first week is OK the second is my Oil week or just like my better half says theel head week (theel means oil as far as I know).