Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Using Indian Herbs and Oils to grow, Grow, GROW!

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Using Indian Herbs and Oils to grow, Grow, GROW!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefeather71 View Post
    Thanks for the detailed reply! I love hearing about everyone's routines, because I'm still (after a year) trying to find a routine and stick with it. Do you have issues getting the powders out of your hair doing it that way? Do you end up rinsing forever?

This last time, I pre-oiled with the Jasmine Oil, but didn't post oil while still damp like I usually do, in the hopes of cutting down on the oilyness. But now I have STATIC galore!

Does anyone else notice a lot of static while using Soapnuts or other Indian Herbs? Any natural ways of overcoming it? It's very irritating, especially with bangs and fringe. I have tried using a spray bottle with water and a tad of jasmne oil to see if that helps, which it does but only while still damp. As soon as I brush again I'm full of static. I know it would seem that the brushing is the cause, but I have always been a brusher and the static has only started since using the Soapnuts. Hmm.
    I have no trouble rinsing out the herbs, they wash right out. But my hair is very fine and thin, not much to stick to!
    I haven't had any problem with static either, in fact, that's one of the reasons I like the routine so much, no static, no frizz. I think it has something to do with the pre-oil. It also probably has something to do with where you live and the weather.

Length
    Pixie/APL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefeather71 View Post

Stunning! Can you explain to me what a mermaid rinse is?

Length
    12"/21"/30"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by RetroKitten View Post
    Stunning! Can you explain to me what a mermaid rinse is?
    I heard the term here on LHC and just sort of guessed...I think it is when you lay down in the bathtub water with your head in the water, kinda floating.
    Lady Ismene of the Silver Spiral in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2010 Goals: WAIST by End of June w/ the help of Indian Herbs and Oils

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Mermaid rinses caused a urinary tract infection in one gal here - so be careful!

Length
    12"/21"/30"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mellie View Post
    Mermaid rinses caused a urinary tract infection in one gal here - so be careful!
    Hmmm...I wonder why? Maybe she didn't normally take baths at all. Is my idea of a mermaid rinse correct?

Type
    1a/M/ii

My sister-in-law said she got urinary traction because of taking BUBBLE bath all the time. Because soap is alkaline in general, it knocks our body PH out of balance. Some people are susceptible to urinary traction, others not. So if you keep getting recurring problems, then you might stay away from taking a bath. But personally, I have never had a problem. Besides, soapnuts, shikakai and amla being more acidic, I don't know if it will cause much trouble.

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

If your body is in the water, then any little particles in your hair will get in the water, and could get into your urinary tract, or as Akiko said, it could change the pH balance of your body too.

Length
    12"/21"/30"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Akiko View Post
    My sister-in-law said she got urinary traction because of taking BUBBLE bath all the time. Because soap is alkaline in general, it knocks our body PH out of balance. Some people are susceptible to urinary traction, others not. So if you keep getting recurring problems, then you might stay away from taking a bath. But personally, I have never had a problem. Besides, soapnuts, shikakai and amla being more acidic, I don't know if it will cause much trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by mellie View Post
    If your body is in the water, then any little particles in your hair will get in the water, and could get into your urinary tract, or as Akiko said, it could change the pH balance of your body too.
    This all makes sense. Thanks for the info. The time I did the mermaid rinse, one of my piercings got irritated and I had to really rinse it well with water for it to stop hurting, so I can see the particles in the bathwater being an issue. I really just did that because I was scared the particles wouldn't come out of my hair enough, but I have since done a regular rinse and I think it turned out ok.

Tonight the night for me to wash again but with NO blowdrying to see if I can get the static under control...we'll see.

Type
    1a/M/ii

I do mermaid rinse all the time. After henna, indigo or herb hair wash. In fact, I take bath all the time. Not really a shower person. I guess it's my cultural custom that I continue even in the US. I love how it relaxes me!

I hope your no blowdrying will work well for you. I am just so amazed how your hair looks wonderful after this herbal wash!! It's so exciting to see.

Resident metalhead RavennaNight's Avatar
    Length
    bob/35/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Wow! Eaglefeather71 your hair looks much improved with soapnuts! Absolutely gorgeous! Maybe when I *finish everything in the bathroom* I will give them a go!