Page 41 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Using Indian Herbs and Oils to grow, Grow, GROW!

Length
    12"/21"/30"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Using Indian Herbs and Oils to grow, Grow, GROW!

I am in with my hair today! It's very soft and super shiny! I can tell though that tomorrow it will probably be a bit flat. I'll have to do something to liven it up tomorrow. But as for today, I feel B E A uti Ful!
    Lady Ismene of the Silver Spiral in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2010 Goals: WAIST by End of June w/ the help of Indian Herbs and Oils

Length
    15"/22"/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

yay eaglefeather! isn't it cool when you finally hit on a mix that works?

i bought some more chia seeds and some chandan today and i'm planning my next mix

wish me luck
    rats spelled backwards spells star

Length
    12"/21"/30"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ratgirldjh View Post
    yay eaglefeather! isn't it cool when you finally hit on a mix that works?

i bought some more chia seeds and some chandan today and i'm planning my next mix

wish me luck
    Good Lock! I am going to have to replensih my powder supply very soon, I can't wait to get my hands on Chandan!

Length
    15"/22"/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

i am lucky that the indian store close to me has it in one ounce containers for $1.99 each! i have bought 6 of them already!

it sure smells good - and i remembered that i used to love it for exfoliation of my face and started using it for that again too - already i can see a difference!

Length
    15"/22"/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

i just wanted to say something about amla

i haven't done any amla face packs in over a year and i did one yesterday and my face felt wonderful when i was finished - but almost immediately a giant pimple started coming up on my chin! i remember this happening when i used to use amla packs in the past - so eaglefeather - did you use any amla in your mixes when you were getting the pimples?

oh - maybe this is just because it makes all the blood and stuff come to the surface of your skin and it is de-toxifying the skin? i don't know - but i actually quit using amla before because even though my skin loved it - i usually don't have pimples - and it just freaked me out - but maybe i need to let them run their course - that is if what is happening is de-tox

does anyone know about this?

thanks

Length
    15"/22"/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

eaglefeather - how much fenugreek did you use in your mixes? if i am using 4 tablespoons worth of herbs - do you think 1 tablespoon fenugreek would be too much?

i don't want to use any more than i need to because of the possible build up issue - but i really love the slippery feeling - i've been testing only 1 teaspoon in some warm water and i love the gel

Length
    12"/21"/30"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

eaglefeather - how much fenugreek did you use in your mixes? if i am using 4 tablespoons worth of herbs - do you think 1 tablespoon fenugreek would be too much?

i don't want to use any more than i need to because of the possible build up issue - but i really love the slippery feeling - i've been testing only 1 teaspoon in some warm water and i love the gel
    I would use half tablespoon to start and add more if its not enough the first time around.

Length
    15"/22"/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

hey eaglefeather!

i just did something really stupid! since no one had tried using chia seeds on their hair and they make a muciligage (sp?) too - i tried a tablespoon of the ground ones soaked in warm water til it gelled and wet my hair and put it on and let it sit for a few minutes to see what it might do...

well - it was almost impossible to get the little pieces out of my hair! i have NO problems washing indian herbs out - but these little pieces were STUCK to my hair! i have never seen anything like it! finally i filled the sink with warm water and sort of floated them out - and then rinsed and rinsed and rinsed.

now my hair is tangly and weird feeling - but it seems pretty shiny... i don't think that the chia seeds are a good thing to add to my mix is ground fenugreek seeds hard to rinse out? just wondering.... i had hoped this would be a good slip giver

Length
    12"/21"/30"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

i just wanted to say something about amla

i haven't done any amla face packs in over a year and i did one yesterday and my face felt wonderful when i was finished - but almost immediately a giant pimple started coming up on my chin! i remember this happening when i used to use amla packs in the past - so eaglefeather - did you use any amla in your mixes when you were getting the pimples?

oh - maybe this is just because it makes all the blood and stuff come to the surface of your skin and it is de-toxifying the skin? i don't know - but i actually quit using amla before because even though my skin loved it - i usually don't have pimples - and it just freaked me out - but maybe i need to let them run their course - that is if what is happening is de-tox

does anyone know about this?

thanks
    That's an interesting possibility. I did have it in yesterdays mix and left it on for a couple hours with no pimples, and I got pimples after doing a dry scalp massage a few weeks ago, so I think its probably from the long scalp massages I was doing with the oils...who knows as long as they stay at bay, I'm happy. I have been still massaging my scalp, just not for as long.

Length
    15"/22"/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

i have noticed when i massage coconut oil on my face for a long time when doing the OCM that i will eventually start getting pimples too. same thing for the miracle whip facial - since you have to rub your face for so long - maybe the massaging is really rubbing oils back into your pores whether you use oils or not...