Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Using Indian Herbs and Oils to grow, Grow, GROW!

Length
    20in/32in/52in
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Using Indian Herbs and Oils to grow, Grow, GROW!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefeather71 View Post
    I'm so glad to finally hear that it may infact be my heritage that is the cause of the strange hair frizz issue. My hair can be as soft as a baby bottom, but still be frizzy. I really hope your able to try the indian herbs and oils! Please keep us posted on the results if you do.
    Yes My family is 1/4 Cherokee and both my sis and I can have frizzy hair. And my DD sometimes have the same issues. Bless her heart my sis had the nickname Fuzz Ball, which needless to say she hated! She straightened her hair for years because of her fuzz.

On the edge of my forest!

Length
    chin/waist/clssc
    Type
    3a/3b/C/ii/iii

wow it looks soooo healthy!

Length
    12"/21"/30"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nera View Post
    wow it looks soooo healthy!
    Thank you so much! I'm so used to the frizzy full look that it's been difficult getting used to the sleek soft look. I often feel like my hair is too flat. It takes some getting used to, but health wise it's so worth it!
    Lady Ismene of the Silver Spiral in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2010 Goals: WAIST by End of June w/ the help of Indian Herbs and Oils

Length
    23"/36.75/54"
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii

Thanks for the links!
    Off to learn and shop!BRB!
    3c F/M ii/iii 23/32.5/54
    "Love is a rose everblooming,and I water its roots with my tears." SBS

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

That is very worrisome about the bumps!! I hope you can figure out which thing it was that caused it. What had you used exactly that day?

I know that Neem can affect some people's menstruation, I don't know if it has other effects but it might be worth checking.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I just washed mine using soapnuts and shikakai Powder, wow! what more can I say I love this mixture, thanks for sharing.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    12"/21"/30"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mellie View Post
    That is very worrisome about the bumps!! I hope you can figure out which thing it was that caused it. What had you used exactly that day?

I know that Neem can affect some people's menstruation, I don't know if it has other effects but it might be worth checking.
    That morning I washed with the mixture I had been using where I mixed the simmered powders with the soapnut liquid I had made. I was still very oily so my hair was up all day and I did a very quick wash with the same thing and left for a meeting. At the meeting the break out started. As soon as I got home I washed again but added the Neem to sooth and disinfect my scalp, which worked great. The bumps are still there but they stopped hurting and the instant dandruff went away completely. I don't think I'll have a problem with Neem, I've used it before in the CV Neem & Tea Tree bar with not issues. But I'll keep an eye on it.

I didn't refrigerate the solution like I should have, so I"ll probably just toss it because I certainly won't be able to use it again after that reaction. Maybe it had gone bad.

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Is there something herbal beside catnip and chamomile to act as conditioner? I would really like to go completely natural but my hair tends to be excessively dry, so right now I can't manage without my conditioner.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Length
    12"/21"/30"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_234 View Post
    Is there something herbal beside catnip and chamomile to act as conditioner? I would really like to go completely natural but my hair tends to be excessively dry, so right now I can't manage without my conditioner.
    Amla Powder is a conditioning agent, and Hibiscus Flower is as well. When you add those in to the mix you get a conditioning wash that works great. Of course everyone's hair is different, but both are known to be conditioning. Also, Pre-Oiling 2 hours to overnight before the Herbal wash is the way most that do herbal washes condition. You just need to find the right balance between the oil and herbs as I am finding out.

ETA: I have also noticed that since the Soapnut and Shikakai are more acidic than alkaline, my need for conditioning has greatly decreased. Something to keep in mind.

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Amla Powder is a conditioning agent, and Hibiscus Flower is as well. When you add those in to the mix you get a conditioning wash that works great. Of course everyone's hair is different, but both are known to be conditioning. Also, Pre-Oiling 2 hours to overnight before the Herbal wash is the way most that do herbal washes condition. You just need to find the right balance between the oil and herbs as I am finding out.

ETA: I have also noticed that since the Soapnut and Shikakai are more acidic than alkaline, my need for conditioning has greatly decreased. Something to keep in mind.
    That's an interesting observation. Though I can't say the same, I damped the shampoo quite long time ago, and my hair is as dry as always. But you've got a point, clarifying does dries hair out horribly.
    Hibiscus can stain, can't it? From red to purple depending on the tap water's pH.
    What do you pre-oil with? Special mix or just plain oil-of-choice?

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!