Thread: helping color

Length
    10 in/34 in/40 in
    Type
    2a/F/M/iii

Default helping color

Is there a treatment I can use for my hair to bring out the color? I have good color but I'm just wondering if theres anything I can use to boost it at all? I have medium brunette hair, with a few light brown to blonde streaks.

Length
    Pixie/BSL++/Waist
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Default Re: helping color

What kind of boost are you looking for? Are you trying to bring out more gold/light tones? Have you read the honey thread?
    Last edited by MountainGypsy; January 27th, 2009 at 02:13 PM. Reason: adding link to thread
    Lady Caillech, Protector of Gaia in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Not all those who wander are lost.
    Blog Pics MY ETSY STORE: SilverHoundStudio

Length
    10 in/34 in/40 in
    Type
    2a/F/M/iii

No I hadn't seen it yet. Thanks for telling me about it though!! I'm new so I haven't looked through much on here yet.

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

What do you mean by "bring out the color" ?!?

I think we have similar color and I like to do things that make my hair shinier - moisturizing treatments with honey (in my many years of experience, honey does not lighten my hair), occasional "deep washes" with sulfate shampoos, oiling the length so it stays shinier...but with my hair there is a limit, as it isn't very shiny on its own. Still, those are the times when my hair color is at its best. In my profile pic you can see my hair looking its shiniest under artificial light.

If you are interested in dye, henna will make your hair red. There are other natural options to turn your hair darker, but none that will make your hair blonder, sorry
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii