Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine69 View Post
Thanks for the input, everyone. Ideally, I would like to color my henna so that it blends in with the naturally color that's growing in. I already have almost 3 inches of roots. Now that the roots are longer it doesn't look as bad as it did at first, but I still don't really like the two-tone effect. I'll take all your suggestions to heart.

Originally I used the henna because my hair had become too light from highlighting it and I wanted something different. Unfortunately the henna really built up on my hair, after just a few applications. So my hair lower on my head has that burgundy color, and the lighter/finer previously highlighted hairs towards my face and crown are more red. Now I just don't want to worry about dying or henna-ing or roots or any of it. I want easy hair.
i have gone back and forth from BAQ henna to dye and back again with no problems.

the only thing i can think *might* cause you trouble would be if your natural color is lighter than the henna... you'd have to find a way to lighten the henna before you dye that hair to match your roots (nightshade did it with sun-in but i'm not sure how sun-in reacts with chemical dye. others have successfully used straight 30vol developer to lighten their hennas).

but if your henna'd sections are lighter, i wouldn't see any problem with going for it, personally. good luck!