Page 11 of 88 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Trimmers Measure-In

Length
    0"/0"/0"
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Default Re: Non-Trimmers Measure-In

My first measurement since I started growing it out again was last night. I got 15.5 inches. Here's growing!
    Chronically a newbie, although I've been around since 2003.

Length
    22/37/34 +
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

No trims since Oct. 2008 and I am at 25" WOO hooo!

The hair is the richest ornament of women.~Martin Luther Avatar photo Oct 2008, Signature Sept. 2011

Mine is at terminal length which is about 55" when measured using the LHC method. It ties into a ponytail a bit over 41" long.

Absalom

Length
    20"/30"/50"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

After my last micro trim, I'm at about 29.5"

Length
    34/36/clssc
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic View Post
    I have decided to keep track for the first time ever! My hair is 36" at its longest, and I haven't cut it for years, so that may be terminal. However, I have been very rough with my hair, so there may be another few inches, I hope.

But more importantly, due to trich and rough treatment, I have lots and lots of shorter ends of every length, and my braid tapers a lot and quickly. My husband says that there's a noticeable thinning at 28" - that's definitely not terminal, so my primary goal is to grow this thicker length longer.
    Quarterly update time! (I didn’t want to be discouraged, so I decided to measure quarterly instead of monthly.)

I had my DH measure my hair today, again with freshly-washed air-dried hair.

At its longest, my hair is now 34” long, not 36”. I have no idea why. DH has advanced the hypothesis that my hair is in fact thicker and with fluffier texture, and this is contracting it a bit, almost like curls. Also, I have been doing S&D and since it’s so thin at the bottom, maybe that has contributed. Personally, looking in the mirror, I think it is a bit longer– I will have someone take a photo and I will put it in my album next to my January photo.

The good news is that (according to DH’s subjective judgement), the main fall-off in thickness is around the 29” mark, not 28”. Even better, my ponytail thickness is at least 6.5cm (DH says closer to 7cm), up from 6cm.

My trich ends on the crown are getting noticeably longer, which is good. I still twiddle with my hair, and even occasionally pull out by accident (ie, with very, very slight pressure, which I hope means they would have been shed soon anyway), but I am definitely breaking the habit of pulling. DH actually made an unsolicited comment some weeks ago; he examined the crown of my head and said “It really does look much better. You must actually be laying off it!” Pause. “It doesn’t matter what colour it is.” (The growing-in area hair is white.)

During our hair-measuring session this morning, he also said, “It’s definitely thicker and much better-looking. And I really like the different ways you are doing your hair now.” And so do I!
    "I have never been to St. John's Wood. I dare not. I should be afraid of the innumerable night of fir trees, afraid to come upon a blood-red cup and the beating of the wings of the Eagle."

Length
    pixie/46.5"/Term.
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

2008 Feb 34.5"

March 35.25"

April 35.75"

May 36.25"

June 37"

July 38"

December 39.5"

April 41.25" - caved and trimmed less than 1 inch. But my ends look much better now.

46.5" ===== about 6" till knee
    1c/2a/b - M(mix of all 3 but mostly medium) - iii (4")

Length
    0"/0"/0"
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I measured a day early, and came up with 16 inches. I've grown 1/2 inch this month! I'm slowly, but surely getting there, haha!
    Chronically a newbie, although I've been around since 2003.

Length
    29 in/33.25/35 in
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Wow! It looks like your hair grew one inch a month? Where you taking any supplements to make your hair grow quickly during this time? I am impressed.

Length
    neck/waist/term
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Hubby measured yesterday and my hair is 24 inches. It was 22 inches in January 2009 so it has grown 2 inches in 4 months Last year it averaged slightly less than that, this year I am taking Biotin 5,000 mcg daily.

a new journey begins

May 19, 4 weeks after last measurement....I gained another inch. Dry I measure it 16 1/2" and wet or flat ironed Its measuring 17 1/4" whooo hooo!!! no pics this month though, in 4 weeks I will start my offical measure in photos with my striped shirt.