Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do some women shave their heads?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    12"/25"/48"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Question Why do some women shave their heads?

I've read in various threads that several members are growing their hair out after having shaved their heads.

Why would a woman shave her head in the first place? I've given myself a couple of bad haircuts in the past, but no matter how bad things have been, I've never been tempted to shave my head.

And if you're a woman who has shaved her head, what made you decide to grow it back out. Just curious about this.

Length
    chin/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Why do some women shave their heads?

I shaved my head for the same reason I grew my hair long: to see what it looked like! I've had every length of hair from none to waist, and soon longer. Why not?

Length
    Shldr/CL/Knee
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Roseate View Post
    I shaved my head for the same reason I grew my hair long: to see what it looked like! I've had every length of hair from none to waist, and soon longer. Why not?
    My thoughts exactly! I never shaved my head (and I'm not a woman as well) but I think the reasons are quite the same, with the obviuos differences.
    Some choose to go towards an extreme, that is super long hair, and some choose the other extreme. Personal likes, personal taste!

Length
    12"/25"/48"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ale View Post
    My thoughts exactly! I never shaved my head (and I'm not a woman as well) but I think the reasons are quite the same, with the obviuos differences.
    Some choose to go towards an extreme, that is super long hair, and some choose the other extreme. Personal likes, personal taste!
    ale your hair is bellisimo. I think I'd actually weep if you shaved your head.

Length
    APL/hip?/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I didn't shave my head all the way, but I did cut it to fingerwidth length. I would have shaved it but at the time I was in the middle of the woods with no electric shaver (I did it myself with scissors). It was partly because I had dry straw-like hair and partly because it was something I hadn't done before.

That and everyone I had talked to about the idea (namely family) said "DON'T DO IT!!" Really they don't know me at all.

Well, when you have one too many run-ins with bleach, you may end up with mushy, fried, or unsalvageable hair. Sometimes it's worth it just to start fresh.

ETA: I didn't shave my head, but I did opt for a short pixie (about 1.5") to remove damage and start fresh. I choose to grow it back because long, healthy hair was always the goal, the pixie just a bump in the road.
    Last edited by wintersun99; March 31st, 2009 at 03:01 PM.

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

I have had a few friends who have either shaved it all off or gone very, very short. It's cute... why not? I am not tempted but I have a really round face and I don't think it would look good on me.
    Change is the only constant.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Ive never shaved my head but I admire those who do. I suppose its done for a fresh start and I would imagine its very liberating too.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    25/29/36
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Okay, so I have not shaved my own head before but, you asked and I do know of someone who did.

So, my sister had a live in nanny. One morning she came down to the kitchen to find her nanny had shaved her head bald with a razor.

My sister then asked her as to why she had done this in the middle of the night? Her answer was simple. " I can smell the flowers better now"!
    For if a woman has long hair it is a glory to her 1Corinthians 11:15

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    shldr/shldr/shldr

Quote Originally Posted by Morningglory View Post
    Okay, so I have not shaved my own head before but, you asked and I do know of someone who did.

So, my sister had a live in nanny. One morning she came down to the kitchen to find her nanny had shaved her head bald with a razor.

My sister then asked her as to why she had done this in the middle of the night? Her answer was simple. " I can smell the flowers better now"!
    What does that mean?