Quote Originally Posted by MidnightStar View Post
I just read this whole thread and I must say it was extremely informative and entertaining!
I am having many issues with covering my silvers. My natural color is brown-black, so they are very prominent and I just don't like seeing them. I did henna/indigo, and I hated the smell and the time it took. It did, however, cover my silvers when I did the traditional two-step. Last year I switched to using Manic Panic in blue, and then Pravana Vivids in blue - the idea was to get a blue-black color, which I got, and cover the silvers, which it did, for a little while. Also it washes out pretty fast, so everything gets stained blue.
I'm interested in Lush Caca Noir, if it doesn't smell like the icky henna/indigo I'm used to, but sad to see it doesn't really cover the silvers? I'm also a bit wary about putting too much indigo in my hair - I prefer it dark, but if I ever change my mind one day I don't want to end up green.
So I guess covering silvers isn't really the point of this thread, but I'm interested if anyone's found a way to do it??
Um, if I were you, I would possibly (in interests of compromise!) run a semi-permenant PPD in dark brown through my hair (if the silver is localised it may be possible to just cover those areas - or ask someone to do it for you)?

Then, I would treat myself to an indigo feed (I love the smell and effect of Lush Caca Noir) just to give it a boost, shine and condition. Many people don't realise that indigo also has a conditioning effect.. Don't take bleach anywhere near the hair after that though, or you'll get green!!!