Manic panic would have been my suggestion, like Nevermore said. They have 2 'brown' dyes, the Supernaturals range called Cobra (light brown) and Nefertiti (dark brown). They also have Raven, which is black. Black and Blue is blue-black.

Deadly Nightshade will give you plummy highlights on dark hair and Divine Wine will give burgundy lights.

http://www.manicpanic.com/creamswatch.htm The browns are right at the bottom of the page. (Hope linking is ok mods.)

Ingredients

Manic Panic Cream Dyes:
Aqua, Cera Alba, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth-20, Humulus Lupulus, Achillea Millefolium, Anthemis Nobilis, Acetic Acid, Methylparaben. May contain the following: CI 42090 (blue 1), CI 61570 (Green 5), CI 15510 (Orange 4), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 47005 (Yellow 10).Please Note: Although the packaging says Cera Alba/Beeswax - we have received confirmation from Manic Panic Distributors that this is Synthetic Cera Alba/Beeswax making this product Vegan friendly.

Manic Panic Amplified Dyes:
Aqua, Synthetic Beeswax (Synthetic Cera Alba), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Humulus Lupulus Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Extract, Acetic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol. May contain the following: CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 61570 (Green 5), CI 15510 (Orange 4), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 47005 (Yellow 10).

Manic Panic Gel Dyes:
De-ionized Water, Seaweed Extract, Mistletoe Extract, Yarrow Extract, Chamomile Extract, Acetic Acid, Methylparaben, ethylcellulose. May contain the following: CI Acid Blue 9, CI Acid Green 25, CI Acid Orange 7, CI Acid Red 35, CI Yellow 3.

I'm glad you posted this, Celebrian, as I'm thinking of either quitting henna or mixing my henna with MP or Special Effects to brighten it up.