Well, I've got my plan sorted (I hope).

I decided to attend to the roots with a rich brown PPD dye - and will change brands to a low grade PPD one when i next go to town.

Next, after a few days rest, will be another (I know) PPD dye in a light golden orange - to fill in the blue-green lights on the mid section, and pull the color a little more together (henna does not do a very good job on these for me, but don't know why).

My final stroke will probably be - henna! Yes. I think so. This is why.

It's good for my hair. Makes it strong. Makes it shiny. Its fun - up to a point.

What I will NOT be using ever again - indigo! Why? I like to put some highlights throughout my hair once or twice a year. That is why I have blue lights, because indigo + bleach = blue-green hair. Nice really, if you want it - but difficult to cover sometimes, via natural means.

So, I will do my roots with a permanent dye in rich brown every few weeks (all done in about half an hour) and feed my brown roots and lengths with a nourishing treat of henna every month or so - and hope to continue to pull the varying colors together in this way as the months go by. Voila, deep, rich, red-brown hair... to dye for!!!

What do you all think of that then?