Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Henindigo - Hallo PPD hairdyes ! 'Grey' reflections...

Length
    Bob/31"/Term?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I've had fairly good luck with Robert Craig hair dye - it's a little more expensive, but I'm only having to do roots once a month, and it's pretty much like 'regular' hair dye - mix it, apply it, wait 40 minutes or so, wash it out. No messier than commercial hair color, and no odor to speak of. Their shipping turnaround is pretty quick, and the more you order, the less shipping costs. I'd order just a couple first time around, though, if you choose to try it, just to make sure it works for you.

I was getting shakes etc with store-bought dyes, and don't have any problems with the Robert Craig. I have a LOT of resistant greys, and it does a decent job of covering them...not total, but I find that it covers most of them, 'dims' the rest..and a tiny touch of grey I think looks more natural. For me, at least.

HTH!

*hmmmmm......I need to order more of it, too.....off to the website....*

Start October 25, 2020: 24"
    24"...25"...26"...27"...28"...29"...30"...31"

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Careful. I strongly suspect that the peroxide made my henindigo'ed bleached lights even greener, more blue in fact. So I don't rate it over Indigo frankly. Henna, yes.

Length
    14.5/16.75/32
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Well here I sit with L'Oreal Preference Light Brown on my head. After strand testing (and skin) the Golden Brown was waaaay too red, so I bought another box of a more neutral brown.

It's still red but I have red in my hair naturally, though it didn't seem to change the color of my hendigoed red ends at all.

I am only hoping for a bit more uniform color, not 5 tones. At least my blond streaks will fit in better, they came out a nice brown in the strand tests.

Here's a pic of my multi colors, please excuse the bedhead hair, no washing before coloring remember! The reddest strands are actually my ends. Thin eh?

I'll report back in about 2 hours when I done cooking. I may not be happy with the red but hopefully I'm happy with less multi's. Fingers crossed.

Length
    14.5/16.75/32
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Hey, it all worked out!!

The peroxide posed no problem, no green showed up. My color is fairly consistant throughout, still some reddish tones though.

Now if it would stay like this and not fade...I'd be happy.

Oo, that looks good

Length
    SL/WL/CL
    Type
    3c/C/iii

I have lots of grey hair too and it became too difficult with the henna.
    Commercial hair colors are easy to use and effective. I only retouch the new growth so the ends of my hair is never touched by the hair color. That way it stays healthy

I like Casting.

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by annarose View Post
    Hey, it all worked out!!

The peroxide posed no problem, no green showed up. My color is fairly consistant throughout, still some reddish tones though.

Now if it would stay like this and not fade...I'd be happy.
    Well done. I like it.

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerHair View Post
    I have lots of grey hair too and it became too difficult with the henna.
    Commercial hair colors are easy to use and effective. I only retouch the new growth so the ends of my hair is never touched by the hair color. That way it stays healthy

I like Casting.
    Castings? Is that permanent, Flowerhair?

Length
    pixie/Clsc/?
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Isn't it great to have even color again? Root touchups are nothing compared to the henna ones. I didn't even have to color the bottom of my hair, just the roots and the top.

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I'm sat here ATM with a bit more plain brown dye on the roots, as the last lot was a bit old and didn't take too well.

Then tomorrow, I'll apply the light golden red over the whole lot - and possibly henna the day after that... provided my hair hasn't dropped out or I haven't gone mad by then.

I must admit, I'm very much hoping that this idea of 'browning' the roots with permanent, low PPD dye every few weeks - and coating the lot in henna every couple of months just for the gloss, strength and red-glow - works for me.

Also, it will be a nice contrast nipping back and forth between the two techniques: a sigh of relief at 'brown rooting' time concerning the speed and ease of application - versus the natural mud-pie time, and wonderful effects of henna! (Probably Lush Caca Rouge).

Pity they both smell vile - but my sister continues to be pleased with the Naturtint she first used several weeks ago. It's low PPD, and she said the smell was much nicer than some of the others she's used. Her hair was left feeling very nice etc. So, I may get my brown root dye from the Naturtint range next time...

Update:
    This brown stuff (Nice & Easy Multitonal in Medium Natural Brown) took better. Nice natural brown. Good.

Back tomorrow aka next stage...
    Last edited by Celebrian; May 11th, 2008 at 04:15 PM.