Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Henindigo - Hallo PPD hairdyes ! 'Grey' reflections...

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I bit the bullet, and i've already done the two week rule and it was driving me crazy, its been three weeks.

I have Natural Instincts "spiced cider" on my hair right now. Wish me luck, but I cant stand the 3 hour tour anymore.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Banned
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Man, I fuss enough using box dye, I can only imagine using henna and keeping up with that kind of routine.

I color my hair with box dye when I can't stand the grey anymore....the way I wear it helps me to prolong coloring, but It really is a fuss to do anyway.

Length
    Short/BSL/??
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Celebrian if you cant find any info about whether manic panic works on grey hair then go ahead and email them. They're a fantastic company and i'm sure they'll be happy toi address any questions you may have
    Pegs

Length
    Nape/Waist/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

I switched to chemical dye too, mainly to get my color even to not have to dye at all, because I'm an extremely lazy person and don't like to have to redo anything.

For the record, I used Sally's Ion Brilliance liquid color w/10 vol developer. I did my mom's hair (lots of grey) and used 20 volume developer. Her hair was actually softer when she was done! I'm very happy with the product and will definitely use it again if I ever need to.

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus Marsters View Post
    Celebrian if you cant find any info about whether manic panic works on grey hair then go ahead and email them. They're a fantastic company and i'm sure they'll be happy toi address any questions you may have
    I've tried emailing them, but all I get is Delivery Staus Notification = failure to deliver. The address I've got is [email protected]. Do you have anything different?

Kirin, you go girl. And will you post later telling us what the result is, and what color range you covered i.e. grey/brown/red, whatever?

Manderly, are you completely non-henna nowadays?

Length
    Short/BSL/??
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Nope that's the same email address i have. hmm, dunno what to advise.
    Pegs

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

When I began to find out about henna, one reason I was interested in it was that after 14 years my trusty Feria had suddenly given up working on the greys.

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Okay results so far. Hair is still wet, but i can tell a difference immediately. I started on flame red henna, we're talking dayglo (which i liked lol), and used spiced cider over it and my half inch of white/mouse brown roots.

So far, dagnabbit, my sideburn hair in front of my ears is still silver aaaaaaaaaah! The rest is good though, the roots went the spice color, the rest is red, but a brownish toned down red, awesomeness! Why the hair in front of my ears didnt take the color i'll be darned, i know i covered it really well too. bleh.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    ??/33/36
    Type
    3a/M/iii

You can develop an allergy to plant dyes as easily as to chemical ones, and if your head is itching like that, you might be getting one. It's probably best to switch if you think you're developing some kind of sensitivity.
    It's potion time.

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    You can develop an allergy to plant dyes as easily as to chemical ones, and if your head is itching like that, you might be getting one. It's probably best to switch if you think you're developing some kind of sensitivity.
    Exactly so. I was going to mention just that point...

Kirin, could you have had a build up of face cream or something on those sideburns. I always find those hard to cover with henindigo anyway. Maybe we should leave them as a natural look? Bummer though - have you got any left to re'apply?