View Poll Results: How do you choose the colors you wear?

Voters
275. You may not vote on this poll
  • I wear colors that look good in my hair or with my skin tone.

154 56.00%
  • I wear colors whose vibrations consistently make me feel good.

73 26.55%
  • I wear things that fit or that people give me, regardless of color.

31 11.27%
  • I wear only a couple of colors that all look good together to maximize matching..

62 22.55%
  • I wear different colors all the time, as the mood strikes.

84 30.55%
  • I wear things, such as cheese, and that's all I have to say about that.

27 9.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you chose the colors you wear?

Length
    9"/38"/50"?
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default How do you chose the colors you wear?

I'm curious. There's a lot of sociological and psychological stuff out there about color and personal preference, behavior, etc., and I'd like to know how this plays out in others' lives in terms of daily choices.

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: How do you chose the colors you wear?

My colour of choice: black.
    I'm not a gothic but I just love black. So my clothes are 99% black, i sometimes add colour too. If I do its usually green. I also wear a lot of scarfs in different colours to pep up the black.
    I do not like blue or red (at all!).

What would that say about me?

Length
    Chin/Waist/FTL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I love earthtones - browns, beiges, earthy greens, some yellows (but not very much). Gold doesn't work well with my complexion, so I wear mostly silver-accented accessories. About 50% of my accessories (jewellery, hairsticks) are handmade. Oftentimes I'll just wear whatever I have on hand if I'm not going someplace special, though -- jeans and a t-shirt. Most of my t-shirts are themed shirts (Mario, gaming, music, etc) and oversized -- not form-fitting. I have CRAZY socks - mostly knee-highs, many with bright patterns (rainbow stripes) or accessories (knee-high candy-cane striped socks with a puff... collar? I don't know what else to call it, with little red puffballs that hang down on string). Most of my 'work' outfits/dressy apparel somehow match -- mostly earthtones, there, too.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I wear what I think looks good on me or colors that make me feel good. I love black, pastels, and soft muted cool colors. I don't do well with warm colors. I don't wear them or have them in my house. The majority of my wardrobe is black. I think blondes look good in black. Grace Kelly and Carolyn Bessette Kennedy are my style idols. Right now I'm yearning to see spring colors in the stores. It gives me such a lift.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    16"/22"/30"
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I wear whatever gets given to me. Not really by choice, but by lack of funds. I have a lovely collection of granny skirts that embarrass me, but that's just what I have. After several years of wearing hand-me-downs (and a childhood filled with them) I just accept it and try not to think about it too much.

If I had a choice I would stick with burgandy, dark and light blue, blacks, browns, greys and deep greens. I always get compliments in a burgandy top, and light blue turns my grey eyes a nice shade of blue.
    ...The world is my oyster and I am its pearl...

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

My wardrobe is primarily black, navy, grey and white. I really have no idea why this is. I've been pruning my closet of some of the clothing I haven't worn in a year or so, and it seems that the things I bought after highschool are in these shades. Every time I attempt to add something colorful, it ends up in the back of my closet.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I picked the "only a few colors," "matches my skin/hair," and "makes me happy."

My closet, in descending order of color is:
    50% black
    20% green
    20% brown
    7% purple
    3% cream

I mostly go for the Goth Lite Meets Nature Girl look, which looks good on me, makes me happy, and earth tones are easy as hell to match

Length
    15/28.5/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I am so very picky about what colors I wear. I wear clothes that are either brown, earthy purples, earthy dark greens, rusty orange/red, and maroonish wine colors or black. That is about it. I have always been quite neurotic about the colors I wear and haven't really had a good way of explaining why, but the whole vibration things makes a lot of sense to me. Sometimes I just *have* to wear a particular color or not wear a particular color and sometimes I actually feel strong cravings for certain colors. I absolutely despise white and dislike most pastels and grays unless a really rich charcoal gray, but don't really wear that often. For socks I have a much wider and brighter spectrum of colors. They do not seem to affect my needs/satisfaction with colors to the same extent. Although my disdain of white still applies. I cannot wear white socks. White just feels harsh and cold to me.

This is a neat thought/thread and it is very interesting to see how people respond!

Banned
    Length
    10 in/43 in/46 in
    Type
    1b/1c/M/i/ii

I wear dresses, skirts and blo9uses, rarely slacks or jeans. I have long blonde hair and usually wear black, white, blue, or red.

Tiny Opera Singer SlightlySoprano's Avatar
    Length
    SL/~APL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I wear colors whose vibrations consistently make me feel good.
    I wear different colors all the time, as the mood strikes.

I'm the kind of person to wear my feelings, so to speak, so I guess these two are the best options for me.
    Chin--Shoulder--APL--BSL-- MBL-- Waist
    2c/3a-F-i/ii