My hair has been shedding a lot more than it used to, and I can't figure out why. I used to get a few hairs in my brush, but now it almost fills up the brush.

One thing is that in July-August, I wasn't able to wash my hair for 3 weeks since I had surgery on my wrist. It took that long before my wrist felt strong enough to use to wash, since my hair gets very heavy when its wet. Also, within the past month I've had to modify my diet due to food sensitivities, cutting down on the amount of wheat I eat and cutting out soy completely.

This is my usual hair care routine, which has worked perfectly well for years, though I have changed the shampoo & conditioner that I used a few times. Currently, I use Avalon Organics Lavender, which is working nicely. This is the brush I use http://www.earththerapeutics.net/pro...sp?number=9850.

Daily or every other day, once- brush hair & rebraid (always up, so it doesn't tangle)
Once a week- wash hair, shampoo then condition, with the conditioner in my hair while I shave (has worked quite nicely for years) Conditioning, shampoo, then conditioner doesn't work, since it makes my hair greasy & more prone to tangle.

Because of a paraben allergy, I only use paraben free natural or organic shampoo & conditioner.

I am a vegetarian, and have been for 3-4 years, and I haven't had this issue with my hair before. I do eat eggs & cheese. Other than quite a few environmental & food allergies/sensitivities & asthma that's well under control, I'm quite healthy. The only thing I take regularly is a mix of poke root & wild yam, as prescribed by a naturopath. I also occasionally take a B complex supplement.