Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help; My roots are darker than the rest of my hair.. And I use henna!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Default Need help; My roots are darker than the rest of my hair.. And I use henna!

Ok so the title tells you the problem. How I got into it.. Well, let's say I have funny hair. My natural colour is around a 6 in normal dyes. But my roots are naturally black and the rest is a lot lighter. So I had dyed it for a while to make it more even. But I got tired and loved some of ur results with henna so I tried it.. And I love it! I've used 2 full apliccations, a gloss and one or twoo root touch ups. Problem is that now that my roots have grown, the difference is too obvious!!! I can't solve this only with henna; i tried but only achieved redder (not darker) roots. So I reeeeeeeeeeally need help. Could I dye my roots over the henna with a 6 hair dye (just to make it a bit lighter)? I don't want to remove the henna, at all! just make my hair even again. I'd let it grow after a while but right now the difference is too obvious, even after henna. I thought i could live being two-coloured but i can't, i'm a model and my job won't let me. What can I do? Any suggestions? (don't say indigo cos i can't find any here where i live, and I don't wanna make my whole hair darker)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!1

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Default Re: Need help; My roots are darker than the rest of my hair.. And I use henna!

PLEASEEE I need to have normal hair by next week hahaha. I don't wont bookers to see me like this XD. Thx!

Length
    15.5?/Shldr/30-34
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Default Re: Need help; My roots are darker than the rest of my hair.. And I use henna!

Nothing will get out henna. There are a few threads about lightening henna with limited success. I'd suggest just doing your whole hair black, as that is your natural color(the color from the roots is the natural color. The rest is lightened in various ways).
    Fast typer.
    I have fine hair that I'm working on growing long!

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

I don't wanna remove henna, I just wanna make the color even. As in lightening the roots a bit, i love the coopery colour i get with henna. My natural hair colour was a lot lighter than black, i have dyed it black before and looked like i had been dead for 3 days lol, i'm very pale and have freckles and all that stuff. The difference isn't SO big actually, i didn't dye my hair light blonde before, just one shade lighter. Will using something over the henna ONLY in my roots get them lighter? (i don't mind if they get orange actually lol)

Length
    15.5?/Shldr/30-34
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Komodia View Post
    I don't wanna remove henna, I just wanna make the color even. As in lightening the roots a bit, i love the coopery colour i get with henna. My natural hair colour was a lot lighter than black, i have dyed it black before and looked like i had been dead for 3 days lol, i'm very pale and have freckles and all that stuff. The difference isn't SO big actually, i didn't dye my hair light blonde before, just one shade lighter. Will using something over the henna ONLY in my roots get them lighter? (i don't mind if they get orange actually lol)
    Well, you can try bleach, which is damaging to your hair. I'm not sure if it would work though. I'm not sure what you mean by you say your roots are black? Of course you're going to have "roots" if you dye your hair lighter. The color before you dyed it, is it a dark brown/warm black? It sounds like you may be a warm skin tone, in which case, yes, jet black will make your hair look dead. But brown black might not.
    Fast typer.
    I have fine hair that I'm working on growing long!

Type
    3a/F/M/ii

use a level 10 hair color with a 40 developer - you hair will come out a perfect level 6.
    always strand test before applying to your whole head. (don't be afraid of level 40 developer, its not stronger just works longer)

if you post a picture i'd be able to accurately calculate your formulation - the post above is based on your hair being level 2

the henna will still be there, and your may not lighten as much but you'll definitely see some lift.
    Last edited by ademtce; October 2nd, 2009 at 06:08 PM.

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

this was 3 weeks ago. that's my hennaed colour. my roots are probably a 5 in shade. i dont think i have a pic with the roots as i've tried hard to hide them, and when i just henna (before oxidation) they look a lot more even, but then they look as if they had no henna on them, which happens with darker hair. My natural colour is ashy btw, not chocolate-like.

Length
    Shldr/Hip/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I have this problem with my hennaed hair. I spoke to a friend who is a hair dresser. She said the henna adapts to your hair as it is. It puts the same amount of dye, the same color, no matter what. If you have previously dyed hair, the henna goes on stripped hair from the chemicals, so it dye's the hair a shade lighter since the actual hair shaft does not have as much color left in it.

I hope that made sense.... The only way I would know to make the henna look more even is to lighten the roots and then re-henna... Hopefully ademtce is right and you won't have too!

Good luck

Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Komodia View Post

this was 3 weeks ago. that's my hennaed colour. my roots are probably a 5 in shade. i dont think i have a pic with the roots as i've tried hard to hide them, and when i just henna (before oxidation) they look a lot more even, but then they look as if they had no henna on them, which happens with darker hair. My natural colour is ashy btw, not chocolate-like.
    ok yea then i think it would be safe to say the above formulation will work or it will at least get you lighter than the black like color. since you're doing the roots only it should process quicker because of your body heat - remember strand test

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Sun-In lightened my henna for me, though I'd be really REALLY careful using it on your scalp.

You could also try switching to a henna cassia mix. I'm able to get copper on medium brown hair with 35%henna 65% cassia in my blends